A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MY 3D SITE PORTFOLIO for critics

Hi, I`d appreciate comments & critics about my new 3d portfolio

http://www.mediaramas.com

thanks in advance!
    matias zadicoff
    matias@mediaramas.com

I liked the splash page, but probably you could improve the image quality a bit [edit: this is only in 800x600, you should probably mention somewhere that your site is best viewed in 1024x768]. I liked the entertaining preloader a lot, thumbs up on that one... it also came just when I was getting tired of waiting. It does take a while to load though (I'm on cable), if it's possible you should porbably try to cut the file size down .
    But once you're in, it's brilliant. The whole feel is just right, the music is also right on target. Just a couple suggestions to make it even better...
    - Open it in a popup or something, all the black around doesn't look good.
    - the links section doesn't really make sense with the rest of the menu I thought. And overall the menu wasn't clear at first sight; I wasn't sure if the links on the bottom were subsections of the links on the sign... I figured it out of course, it just wasn't clear right away.
    - I don't think you should have the text ("links, music off, email etc...") on top and under the main content screen. I actually also didn't think the font and color of that text fitted the rest of the site. You should maybe find a way to have them fit into the main window somewhere.
    - Also gets a bit corwded sometimes, I'm not sure how you could improve this, but there's often just a couple too many things going on.

Great job... keep it up. Still listening to the music.
    -Laz.

OMG...Im only at 30% in the preloader and I love it!

what did you use to do those characters!?! and that music! i love it...

Preloader took ages, but I was smiling even after waiting that long...

HAHAHA! I love it I love it I love it ...respec'!

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    that's AWESOME!!! hehehe i found myself whistling to the tune as i browse around your site... love bebop...

i don't see anything wrong with this site apart from the long loading time but considering the content it's well worth it... and also low quality of the animations and environment design...

definitely a "Site of the Day" material... best one so far i've seen in this forum... it's original and unique...

www.pixelink.org

absolute bloody genius

"sir your car has been stolen..."

best site i have seen in years.
    Perhaps allow the section to open one by one as they load?
    That way you dont have to wait as long.

I agree that the music is perfect.
    Im going through it now to find more hidden gems like that one!

Absolutely brilliant.

www.pixelink.org

Re: absolute bloody genius

not only that, you even share the same birthday as me...

now dont tell me i havent looked at that site closely

One word: Awesome!

Incredible vision and ability to show it off! That is the best combination of animation and content I have seen. Easy to follow and enjoyable to browse beginning to end... I bow to your creativity!

~ YaST

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    I went in pissed about another long preload to be waited through... I came out laughing about the sheer brilliance of this site. Wow.

In germany we say "GEIL" which means something like pretty cool.

you should really break it into single swf's loaded when demanded.
    1.7 MB is too much to load in one piece, you may miss some clients because of this.

ciao
    markus

sweet site, man you are talented, love the hot chick you are watching tv with. graet sketches, glad to see some people still use pens and pencils first! love the fun music, it is all wonderful! such detail to all of your work, it is all really nice, one could even say 'pristeen' (if I spelled that right it should be a compliment).

nice first page
    cool loading
    nice use of the 3d charcters and anims
    loved the cat..
    nice 3d anims too
    what can i say, this is great

how about this
    ramas in the en of the word is supposed to mean visions
    mediaramas=mediavisions

keep it up

Loved your site! very different and fun! I booked marked it and sent it to friends. Hope to see more of your work.
    Great work!
    peece,
    mel
    if you would take a sec:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=316985

nice site!
    like your style

argentina for world champions!

Great site!!

I agree though it took a long time to load - it's tough though with so many big files of 3d animation. Seems perfect for a CD portofolio - something to send people as an example of your work - but on the net it get kinda frustrating.

Maybe (like someone else said) try breaking it up into smaller sections ie - having a loader just for the main page - and then a seperate one for each of the sections. It's a little more work but it makes it a little less frustrating.

Damn! is it ever a nice site though.

yeah, great site, everything fits together well, the music and the fonts, and the 3d guys all running around. i agree that the loading time is a bit much, im on dsl, and it took a few minutes, you should break it up to load in sections or something.

one thing though, the multimedia and web design page had a bit of the 'mystery meat' navigation going on, i couldn't tell what each of the screens would bring up. i mean, it's all right for me, as i was just browsing and clicked on each one in order, just to see what projects you've worked on, but if i were looking for something specific, i wouldn't have been able to find it through your navigation.

Oh great now I'm addicted to a new game - The Boxes' Mess - there go another 5 months

Hahahha it's really FUN & NICE site. Excellent !! Good job there What a site

kevin

Smile yebo! yebo respect!

how on earth do you do that its oh!some. I am sure you won an award somewhaere!

original music and creation you have your own niche manbut again how do you do that!

respect

OMG UR COOL

Really this is me..... mentaleruptions's Avatar
    OMG that isnt a site thats like someones dream i have never seen anything like this in my life. Your work is more than awsome.

Mental