A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: placing movies (advanced)

Hello All,

We normall load a movie on level_1 or any specified level and by default it aligns it to the top left corner. Is there a way I can specify where I want my movie to load on the page.
    I know a way to go about is change the placement of the movie in the file itself so it loads where you want it to load, but I think there should be another way of doing it. My movie is very complex and its not possible to move all the frames. I encountered this problem coz the movie I am trying to load is 640X480 and my movie on the _root.level is 800X600!

plz help!

Thanx

Nixthinx

You can either:

a) Load the movie into a movie clip.

or

b) Once the movie has compleately finished loading, you can set the _x and _y coords for the level.

thanx for replying.

I tried loading the movie in a movie clip..but it still aligns itself to the left top corner.

Can u write to me what actions I should use to define X Y pos for levels..I havent done that for levels..only did it for mcs.

thanx again!

nixthinx

_level1._x = value;

Its the same as for an MC, only the movie needs to be completely loaded before you try and change its properties or ir wont work.