A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: duplicate movie clip command?

*ambustion*
    I was just wondering if someone could delve into a bit of what this command is all about. I want to duplicate my movie clip a bunch of times because I am trying to copy the screensaver from windows (flying through space) I have the ability to make the stars move how I want but how would I make a copy of my star so there is like 50 of them that do the same thing but have the random places(I did that in my original star movie clip)Any help would be appreciated and If you need me to clarify anything just tell me thanx in advance

Flashkit Jedi

Hi,

Go to http://www.xurion.co.uk/bored/flash

Then click on January. On there is a flash file that looks at your are going through space (I think there are two)

Lemme know if this is what you are looking for.

XFM

*ambustion*

not quite

no what im doing is making it look like youre traveling forward and the stars go past you....so I have the stars going in basically 4 directions depending on where its placed....take a look at your screensavers and it should look like the one called flying through space. I'll post my code so far. All I need is to know how this stupid duplicate movie clip works. Its exactly like in the february section called hyperlaunch.

what about looping??

Flashkit Jedi

If you would likke the fla file to hyperlaunch, go back to the site and choose the option at the top of the page called 'fla/swf enquiry' and email what you want.

XFM