A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Blur

i know this sounds stupid but please bear with me as I am trying to learn flash using a spanish version of the software and i speak english as a first language

i can not find how to blur objects can i do this in flash ? if anyone replies please state which menu any actions are located on as the literal translations of software commands rarely make much sense

thanks

Flashkit Jedi

You can't blur in flash. You may have to either use actionscript or use a piece of 3rd party software like swish.

XFM

i suggest you 'blur' your work with photoshop/fireworks firs then import it in

You can try to cheat

It won't be a blur, but if it is a Symbol you are trying to blur, I find the simplest effect is to fut several of the same object behind each other.
    Each one that is behind the other will be a tiny bit bigger say 1 pixel and then reduce the alpha (instance) by 25% ish. Do this several times and it will look slighlty blurred.

WOODY

thany to you all i have now got myself a copy of swish (in english ) and now im finding things alot easier

Or mimic a static blur by breaking the object apart Modify-Shape-Expand Fill Edges

Flashkit Jedi

Originally posted by snoop_doug
    i suggest you 'blur' your work with photoshop/fireworks firs then import it in
    I would aviode that, as it shoots the file size through the roof.

XFM

Anti-Bleh!
    If you are attempting to create a "blur effect" as in movement, you can take the original image in Photoshop and motion blur at various levels. Then in flash import the images as a sequence, and you have the effect of an object blurring becuase of movement. This effect is used on 2advanced, and i have seen the actual tutorial around. If i find it ill let you know.