A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 99% done need some feedback please...

This took me about 4 days to come up with and make and there's only one section that's not done. Would appreciate any feedback any of you can give me.

http://simonlebon.150m.com/

Thanks in advance.

anita

it's quite a few pages to put together in a few days!

I've got a few comments, suggestions...

dunno if you have to have them for hosting reasons, but the ads are terribly irritating - if they must stay I'd reccommend that you give your site area a different bg color to separate them a bit.

That "whoosh" sound got old very quickly... there was some music that came up on the intro screen that seemed a little more interesting?

the intro didn't seem to have much bang for the 200-some k download... maybe you could trim some of those assetts? -- seems like that bird icon would be relatively easy to get into vectors

all in all the layout has kind of an html feeling ... you might want to spend some time thinking about different kinds of layouts - that bird motif might make for some intersting backgrounds/elements.... or perhaps make the site in html?

I see that you've credited your button source! very nice! but I'd love to see what you would come up with... it's these kinds of details that will make your site unique and be less bland/generic

hope this helps!

let me know what you think of my <5k thingy!
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=319307

200 k for that jerky intro? 56k users would pull their hair out after having to wait that long and get that. i agree with everything binky said. the layout just stinks. first off align it centered horizontally, this may make it look a little better with all those crappy banners and bravenet crap at the bottom which i would personally suggest you remove if you can. the cursor looks like a rolled up dead skunk on the back of an arrow and the nav has no roll-over effects whatsoever. overall it looks sloppy/bad, sorry. keep up the hard work!

Post sorry

i am sorry but i see a message of a space overquota

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028
    Couldn't visit because your transfer limit has been reached. How big is your site that you've used up a 20 meg limit?

transfer limit. ill try again tommorrow.

Same as above 3 ppl, I'll try again tomorrow

unfortunately i can't get rid of the banner ads and i also can't move them to the bottom either. that's the price i pay for a free site. I get 100 mb for that site the only two files on there are over 200k aside from the 2 html files. and i only get a 20mb bandwidth per day so that sucks as well. i already have an html site and i do want to work in flash but i know i need to learn a lot more. i'm wondering if there's a way to adjust the mp3 file to make it smaller I'll have to look into that. Is the whoosh thing in the music? becuase I don't have anything else that whooshes in the site. perhaps i'll learn how to use my graphics programs and make my own buttons as well as trying to figure out how to vector graphics (i'm not even sure what that means but i've seen it in my programs). i definitely need to get the file sizes down and adjust the background color on the html page. the intro is jerky and i'm hoping to have that fixed.

thanks for the feedback everyone i really appreciate. hopefully by the next time i ask i'll have a more improved site.

anita