A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sexy Model Site.......feedback please!

resolved

http://www.jeffratto.com/eydieanne/splash.html

This is a site that I've been working for a client. I'm trying to wrap things up and would appreciate some feedback.
    Thanks!

P.S. Just out of curiosity, how much would you guys charge a client for a site like this?

Senior Member Flamboyant Flasher's Avatar
    The site is pretty... the color theme, the design scheme, and the functionality are all up to scratch. However, the site could use some sprucing up. For example, I think the top part of the site needs some type of effects and/or animations, because, as of now, it's seriously dull and certainly plain. When one is waiting for certain content to load, there's nothing else to look at; no eye candy or nothing. In addition to that, the buttons wouldn't mind some rollover effects. Furthermore, the biography and resume text has grammatical and diction errors. Thus, the text needs polishing a trifle to give the young lady's site the due credibility.

Finally, I would charge no less than a cool G for that site, and that's being real generous.

On the whole, though, the site is hot; just tighten it up...

Flamboyant

its good

I like the site,

1change the font on the nav(something cleaner the font you used doesent go with the feel of the site
    2 change the grandient on the nav and top bar
    3 change the eydie anne logo in the bottom right looks super cheesy eye candy crap

but i love everything else about the site, I can see where you got the inspiration from but that all right im not going to knock you on that, I also like the loop a lot

I like the site...I would hit them for a little over a grand....no less then a grand no matter what.

I would have to go out with these girls in order to do a real evaluation though...let me know if you can hook that up. (smile)

I have no clue of the current rates at this moment. I guess that depends a lot for whom you do it and by whom it is made too...

About the site, I would give a few more distinctive colors to the overalldesign. The degrees of sepeartaion of the colors are somehow small.

But, hey! Nice job!

Smile NICE!

the site is nice, very. the only thing i can say, but it depends by how we see things, is to change the font link in one less "written". it can seem exotic but makes less fashion.
    it is my opinion of course and the site is really nice.

cheers

Thanks for the feedback people. I will try changing the font on the navigation and putting in some roll-overs.

What are your feelings on the colors? Does it need more colors?...more color seperations?

How are loading times?

Thanks again!

The initial loading time is typical, but the loading of other content could be juiced up a trifle...

this flashing loadingcontent got annoying rather quick especially after having to wait for the content to load. I waited for your gallery to load which took too much time and then I had to wait for the thumbnails to load 'click' goodbye window, now I am back here. If I have to wait as long as I did for anything to happen to your gallery and then wait for thumbnails...forget it I am not staying around and I am on a T1.

I agree with the other comments, fonts are kind of cheesy, along with the logo.

As far as coming up with a rate, break it up into hours.
    I got a survey of designer wages that AIGA/Aquent did. The average wage for a designer (strictly design no coding) was $40/hr...$50/hr for senior designer. $60/hr for art directors.

Web Development was at $63

Of course all of this varies...just take into account that you are a freelancer, you want to be fair so you don't scare your clients off but you also want to be able to provide yourself with issurance and other benefits that full time employees benefit from.

what program did you use for the layout? Fireworks or Flash?

Originally posted by J-Luv
    The layout was done in Flash.

I've also updated the site with a short intro and I am in need of some major help. For some reason the intro page is taking forever to load. The pre-loader for the page should be under 20k.......anyone know why it is taking so long to load the pre-loader for the intro?

Thanks again!

post your actionscript code you used for the preloader and any other actionscript from related frames....i had this problem once before.

post your actionscript code you used for the preloader and any other actionscript from related frames....i had this problem once before.
    Sounds good, but how do you post action script?

You post your actionscript right here on the forums, the same way you initiated this post here...

Thanks for the help guys. Turns out it actually had nothing to do with the actionscript. All those tiny fonts in my intro were destroying my HTML page.....I had to break them apart.

Anyway, the site is updated again...I know the preloader says 120K, but it is now up to 240K.

I am having trouble picking a background color...any suggestions? Does the intro run smoothly for you guys or is there some chop? Do you think the intro needs to be longer?

thanks again!

http://www.jeffratto.com/eydieanne/splash.html

I Like To Flash in Public ;) thebluedragon's Avatar
    hi, wicked site

how do you get the women on it? lol joke.

What i wanna know is how those line effects are done? I see them on loads of sites but i have no idea how they are done.
    can some 1 tell me

Blue Dragon

favorite boxer

In the bio- the boxers name is Roy Jones not Ray Jones, small correction.

Originally posted by jeff ratto
    The layout was done in Flash.

I've also updated the site with a short intro and I am in need of some major help. For some reason the intro page is taking forever to load. The pre-loader for the page should be under 20k.......anyone know why it is taking so long to load the pre-loader for the intro?

Thanks again!
    I Have experience preloader difficulties like this when either:

1. embedding a font
    2. linking a sound in the main movie

both have to be done prior to commencement, hope this helps

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...postid=1729802 what about mine?

Originally posted by thebluedragon
    What i wanna know is how those line effects are done? I see them on loads of sites but i have no idea how they are done.
    can some 1 tell me

Blue Dragon

Not too sure which line effects you are talking about. If it's the lines on the intro those are just basic motion tweens with some masking on the images. If you're talking about the lines on the background images, that was done in Photoshop using the "Motion Blur" filter.

I'm still curious how the intro runs for you guys.....is it too slow?......too choppy?.......too short?

how about loading times? I am still working on optimizing everything, but the more input the better....any tips on optimization?

P.S. Just a note: I am aware that the Bio is not professionaly written to say the least. However, it was written by the client. Next time I meet with her I will suggest making some improvements.

Thanks again.