A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sprites -> Animated Characters

Well, I got many questions! LOL....

1st- Let's say I find a sprite of a character which I wanna animate, and the background of the sprite is white, not transparent. How would I make it transparent?

2nd- FHHHEEEEEWWWWWWWW! It's in Flash... All's KEWL! Now, let's say I want a small 3D animation of the character spinning in it's one position. Obviously I'll be using Swift. Now, how do I import into Swift and add on to the character so that when it rotates, the other half of the person is there. Like, how do I add on to it, so that the other half isn't missing??

ya godda start from the start. you could use the 2d thingy as a map but ultimatly you godda do the thing from scratch. speaking of animated sprites, do you wanna see if my sprite looks ok in your swift3d (and i don't even know your name);
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=319793

What??? That doesn't answer my question, but ohhh well..... What is that monkey.

I thought he answered what you asked. Your 2D object only has ONE view of the item (from the "camera's" viewpoint).

You will need to model your item so that ANY view will show the object. Hold up a teddy bear. Turn it around. You see the back of the teddy bear. Take a picture of a teddy bear, and turn it around. You do NOT see the back of the bear. That's the difference between 2D and 3D. From a 2D object, you must use it only as a reference to create a 3D object, from scratch.

I hope this answers your question. If not, maybe you should rephrase so we can understand better.

Here- http://flashmove.com/board/showthrea...&threadid=5841

Something that I wanted, long time ago!!!

There- look at gia303 post. I want to know how to make that similar thing! To have the sides attached and all!

Originally posted by starcrafter3k
    Here- http://flashmove.com/board/showthrea...&threadid=5841

Something that I wanted, long time ago!!!

There- look at gia303 post. I want to know how to make that similar thing! To have the sides attached and all!
    What you alluded to in the original post was an organic that would be dissimilar from the front and back. What gia303's done is just to simulate a 3D object using Flash. The object drawn is still 2D. You cannot see the back, since there is not one.

In Swift, you could build the car in many different ways. You could extrude individual panels/wheels/parts and assemble them. You could do the side, extrude it, then copy it (there is really no difference between the sides), then do some planes or panels (extrusions) for the front and back, boot/trunk lid and hood and windshields/windscreens. Then, you could assemble them again to complete a true 3D object.

Afterwards, you could rotate the item or the camera to see the object from any angle you liked. But this is just re-phrasing what BlinkOk and I said earlier. The 2D object is just a reference for building the 3D object. The 3D is built from scratch, with the exception of a couple of extrusions done from the original side-view 2D.

Regards,
    Don

Example plz?? I got it and trying on my own, but I'm stuck and it's F-ed up! Can U make an example for me, plz?? THX!

Well.... that doesn't really help in any way shape or form, the car isn't really rotating or the movie isn't showing how it's done... but ohh well.... Can anyone else help??

starcrafter3k,
    1. dowload the car.zip (download it again if you've already downloaded it) and unzip the car.t3d file
    2. load the t3d file into swift3dv2
    3. click on the erain logo thingy that's below the blue ball at the bottom of the window.
    4. click and drag the horizontal left icon and drop it on the car
    5. click on the play (arrow) button just below the timeline. you will see the car spin.
    6. export your .swf
    hope this helps
    BlinkOk

" Lets Rock ! ....... " NitroCharged's Avatar
    I think Star's lack of understanding of 3D prog's such as swift are what's causing his repeated reply of 'well, that doesn't really help at all'.

Do you have a 3D program that can export as a swf file, Star?

I am in complete concurrence, Nitro, however, I thought it would be rude for me to say so, as I am too new to the forum.

I think the fine manual would come in handy at about this time.

Don

nitro... good point.

I've followed this thread, and honestly, I'm a bit confused. I've seen some solid answers, but how about this.

Star, please explain to me, in detail, what you're trying to do, what effect you are trying to get, and what not...

i think starcrafter3k is not quite accepting of the fact that you cannot create a 3d model from a 2d image. it's a bit like trying to create a sculpture from a drawing, just not possible (other than an extrusion) i guess.

Post SRY for late reply

SRY guys for my late reply... I was on vacation...

Umm.... OK! I definetly know how to use Swift and how to make the car spin or do any animation... THAT'S NOT my Question! My question is, how did U assemble that car? How did U put it together? U can't draw anything in swift. U have to import... correct? So... how did U do it?

when I get a chance later today, I'll try to give you a step by step tutorial to make a car.

it's easier than you think.

or, doesn't Rushvision or Nitrocharged have a tut already?

http://www.erain.com/tutorials/source/v2.html
    check out tutorial number one.

thanks blink. rush had put together some AWESOME tuts. worth repeating, and even changing to suit your needs.

dang rush, teach me some of your Swift3D voodoo!

THX BlinkOk... that's one awesome site!!! So gerbick, can U help me make the same type of thing!? PLZ? U said U would.

yeah. two things happened last night. I was playing with Plasma, and then it was 4am, and I have a job... as well as I'm finishing a review for Strata3D Pro for FK as well.

I'll try to fit it in today. and all you have access to if Flash and Swift3D, right?