A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: LOADING EXTERNAL MOVIES

I am having a problem.

Here is the scenario:

I am trying to load external streaming swfs with audio into a main movie file. Like a kind of audio/movie player.

The external movie files are made up of a preloader, and then the next scene is a music track playing with a bit of text to show the track name.

It works great offline, but it just ain't happenin online. The preloader doesn;t even load.

Also - the main movie is a small part of a table made in Dreamweaver. I don;t know if this makes any difference - but this is my first time working with dreamweaver.And also my first at working with streaminf flash swfs.

In fact check http://www.xtigers.com to see what I mean - the music section on the bottom left. When u press the track buttons, I want the corresponding movie to load.

I hope u guys can help - I am goin crazy with this problemo!

p.s. I found a thread on naming file names properly cos some servers dont recognise upper case, and so I changed all my files to lower case. still doesn;t work.

Confused With Life

Not quite

Hi, first of all your placing the flash into dreamweaver is ok and that wont be a problem however to know what the problem is u need to supply more info on your actions for loading the movies etc.

Hello

Thanks for your time...

To load the external movies I have simply been using the Load Movie command, bringing in the movies on Level 1 etc.

I have used this command before and had no problems, to have a very similar desired effect, except before I never used streaming media... i just dunno wassup.

Are there ANY other things i could be doing wrong? Anything :-(?

Confused With Life

I dont get it

Why have you got a preloader on the track movie u are trying to load, when you are wanting to stream it?
    How is yout track movie laid out, explain in detail.
    [Edited by dannyflounders on 05-31-2002 at 10:43 AM]