A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Forms

I need some help. This is one of the only <b>BIG</b> questions I have left in Flash.

For testing purposes, I this is what I want:

I want a form where they type their name in. Then they hit a submit button. Te movie goes to the next frame, and there, in a variable text box, is there name.

The purpose of this is obvious because I want to be able to store the information somewhere in the movie. That is the purpose of this exercise. Please help if possible, thanks in advance.

if Im reading right what you want to do is make the box on your first frame a input box (with lets say variable name) then put a button that says goto frame 2, then on frame 2 you have a dynamic input box with a variable called name (same variable name as in the first frame) and what ever the put in input box will show up in the dynamic text box.
    hope this helps.

Yes,

That is correct. I have the basic premise and all, I'm a long time Flash 5 user, I just need to know the code, or maybe someone could give me a .FLA. BEcause it never works when I try it.

unless you are saveing to a text file or something there is no codeing to be done. Just make your input variable name the same name as your dynamic text box variable and it should cary over to what ever frame you want it to. now if you are doing this on levels then it is diffrent.