A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: upgrade to flash mx???

does anyone know where i can get the download to update my flash 5 to flash mx?

Originally posted by zorrosrk
    http://www.macromedia.com

J
    nice answer

negativeFlasher
    you cant download an upgrade from flash5 to MX permanentally(legally that is) i suggest you go out and buy mx its worth it.

go out and buy it, its amazingly good and i love the interface... if your looking for the trial just og to macromdeia.com as someone said before.
    I STRONGLY advise you to get MX

I Like To Flash in Public ;) thebluedragon's Avatar
    Tdawg217,

MX is ok, its not all that.You'll find alot of people still prefer flash 5. MX seems to croweded and has not enough room to work in. I'd suggest slmsamy to download the trial and see if he likes it.

Anyways Im happy with Flash 5

Blue Dragon

im not saying flash 5 is bad, i love flash 5, i just like the interface more on mx. and i think at least you should get the trial and see if you lie it

dhawaltank
    u cannot upgrade to flash mx from flash 5. its like u r asking, "from which website can u upgrade your windows 98 to windows xp." flash 5 and mx are 2 separate products. guys, u should be ashamed at yourselves for giving a newbie such an answer. he can get confused and actually go there.

i personally prefer flash 5. its not that crowded and i am used to the interface with flash 5. i have tried flash mx and it aint that good. too crowded in my opinion. but u get better compression in flash mx then in flash 5.

if u r used to flash 5 by now, dont upgrade. if u are a total newbie, i recommend u switch to flash mx. flash is like cigerattes. once u get addicted to one of them, u cant switch over. i cant switch to flash mx cause i am addicted to flash 5.