A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, rip me apart.... digitech-designs beta

Originally posted by aevium
    funny thing is, 2a has no influence on me.
    that's a lie!

2a has an influence on EVERYTHING and EVERYONE...
    2a is god, but i am an atheist

Originality?

Overall your site is pretty good. Though it lacks originality. It looks very similar to 2adanced.com site. It has the same colors. The same kind of interface. And the logo is pretty similar.

I believe in borrowing ideas from various sources but also being distinguishable from many sites. This is just some advice.

in the totally original movie script im writing, "man-spider", a young boy is given the proportionate speed, strength, and web design skills of an ericjordan spider.

Av: 3D & Media Developer
    Originally posted by me2222
    Originally posted by aevium
    funny thing is, 2a has no influence on me.
    that's a lie!

2a has an influence on EVERYTHING and EVERYONE...
    2a is god, but i am an atheist
    to me, 2a is another site. the site that influences me most is this one.

I Am

It's all garbage...

Alright,

After reading everyone's posts I have decided to throw it all away. Garbage. I'm going to remove the site completely, and dispose of anything and everything that had to do with Digitech Designs.

My plan is this: New name, new site and %100 original.

I didn't really realize how closely my site resembled 2A until now, and the sad part is, I don't even LIKE 2A.

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. It would be a shame to be considered just another wannabe coolkid.

Keep your eyes peeled. I've already begun developing (my own) ideas for my newest project. I'll let you all know when I've completed a substantial portion, so that you can let me know if the change has been worth it.

Thanks again,

- Tyson

Av: 3D & Media Developer

Re: It's all garbage...

Originally posted by Mizak Diza
    Alright,

After reading everyone's posts I have decided to throw it all away. Garbage. I'm going to remove the site completely, and dispose of anything and everything that had to do with Digitech Designs.

I didn't really realize how closely my site resembled 2A until now, and the sad part is, I don't even LIKE 2A.

Thank you all for pointing me in the right direction. It would be a shame to be considered just another wannabe coolkid.

Keep your eyes peeled. I've already begun developing (my own) ideas for my newest project. I'll let you all know when I've completed a substantial portion, so that you can let me know if the change has been worth it.

Thanks again,

- Tyson
    RIGHT ON BROTHER!
    if you need help with a name, ask me. if you need proof, this is Aevium Viemme talking.

the usual
    Originally posted by eqqman
    in the totally original movie script im writing, "man-spider", a young boy is given the proportionate speed, strength, and web design skills of an ericjordan spider.
    ... ummmm i don't think it will catch on!

good job for throwing out the junk.. u have tallent in flash just because u were able to create somthing like 2a , so u have the confidence knowing you can look at 2advanced and say "It dosn't require that much skill in flash" but on the other hand i did however i like second idea i think all it needs is to get rid of the full-screen and blue colour scheme because it seems to be always reflected apon 2a

I Am

Aveium...

Hey Aveium,

Would you mind e-mailing me at tyson@digitech-designs.net ?

I wouldn't mind asking you a few questions.

Thanks,

- Tyson

shoot yourself

I would go ahead and shoot yourself. JK! you do very nice flash work but you have no originality. Clients might be impressed by this site but you will never get accepted into the design community with a 2A rip like that its not as bad as http://www.r3mixed.com/v2.html I understand that it is nice to work off of 2a style because its so easy to make things look good, Its amazing what eric has done in the design community, it would be like when when SUV's first got popular if ford came out with it and no one else could do it because that would be copying fords style

i dont know... i thought it was good site... the intro was really cool... the only thing i would say is that when the intro ended it showed your logo and at the bottom it looked a little weird, it wasnt a perfect circle

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hello,
    I understand where the 2advanced comments stem from, but although the site is not very original and many of the components are direct copies of 2advanced.com the work is still good.

Mark it up to a learning experience and reserve the knowledge for clients.
    If a prospective client asked me to build a site that looked kind of like 2advanced, although I would try and talk them out of it, if they pressed the issue I would do it. I need to eat also, and if I didnt do the work someone else would.

There is a very fine line between artistic rip-off and design cloning. If you are talented, you will be able to look at a site and create an original work based on another designers concept and still maintain some integrity in the process.
    Some of the things that I saw within your work that should never have been there are:
    the use of dot syntax. Example: full.site and skip.intro
    The splash is a real no no. Its a direct copy (read copyright violation)
    Your logo is bordering on trademark infringement

I myself would not have a problem with your site if you got rid of the design and functionality aspects that were directly copied..

Have fun and move on

- 3PRIMATES -

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    I liked the site... until I saw to advanced... You should make some changes to give it a more original feel!

doppelganger

Re: It's all garbage...

Originally posted by Mizak Diza
    Might I suggest:

InfoWeb.com
    DigitalDesktop.com
    or perhaps

TechKNODesign.com

ahhhh...the synergy is flowing.

Anti-Bleh!
    Ok, rip me apart.... digitech-designs beta
    Well I suppose you asked for it mate, hehe.

Anyway, you are a good sport and good luck with the final product.

For mr..GLOOMY::

I am posting something useful. Why can't you come up with an original name eh? "Oh I'm gonna call myself Digitech Designs and have a 2A ripoff site and people will think I'm cool." If you ever want to get anywhere BE ORIGINAL! Copying other peoples works and coming up with a lame ass name to boot gets you nowhere.

All I hear from this guy (Gloomycus) is "why can't you be original...blah, blah, blah...Hey Inko "so fresh, so clean...so freaken boring!!!!" I had to drink 6 cups of coffee to keep me awake from checking out all three of your sites. You talk about originality? Your stuff is far from original man. Half the "corporate" $#!t out there looks like your stuff. Some of your sample stuff looks like POOR versions ...I mean "POOR" versions of what praystation and chapter3 produces.

Man, you got talent...."some" talent... but if I were you I'd use it in a helpful way to those young designers rather than being an a$$h@le to almost everyone in this place.

Just my honest opinion...

Hey sorry about replying to gloomycus in your post digitech designs but I just had to. By the way...your site does look a lot like 2A but just think of it this way..if you can create the same stuff Eric Jordan creates then you can create something just as good or even better. Give it time man...you be kicking people like gloomycus out the water. Heck i think you can already do that..wait many of you youngsters can do that that's why he's so pissed at you all... hope this helps.

Oh by the way...if you need inspiration check out this book "Fresh Styles for Web Designers" by Curt Cloninger...at http://www.lab404.com/dan/ Great book and "REAL" designers!! A place not suited for Mr. Gloomycus.
    [Edited by 808i on 06-04-2002 at 06:09 AM]

The Metamorphic Mutant Mystique_MHz's Avatar
    You have good technicical skills... Now use it for something creative and original

Good Luck,
    Mystique

Gloomy... That wasn't very nice of you *slap on the hand* you behaved like a troll and I must say... I lost some respect for you.