A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamically Loading JPEGs and then downloading them

Lightbulb

I'm a newbie and I want to dynamically load a jpeg from a button. Once the jpeg opens, I want to download it. Is this possible? Any coding tips would be great. Hope this makes sense. Thanks for any recommendations!!

OK. Assuming you are using Flash 5 (this is the Flash 5 AS Forum...) - but it doesn't stop people

You can't If you want to load external JPGs they will have to be embedded in a SWF of their own - then you can load that SWF - either in a level or in a conatiner movie clip.

MX allows dynamic JPG loading.

Originally posted by Sualdam
    OK. Assuming you are using Flash 5 (this is the Flash 5 AS Forum...) - but it doesn't stop people

You can't If you want to load external JPGs they will have to be embedded in a SWF of their own - then you can load that SWF - either in a level or in a conatiner movie clip.

MX allows dynamic JPG loading.
    Hey Sualdam, thanks! I haven't tried MX yet, but if this will really work in MX, I will upgrade. FYI, I am creating a CD and using the projector to launch the CD in a PC and Mac environment.

Can I download the Jpegs if they are dynamic? For example, could I use the getURL script to get the file available for download? Or is there a better way in MX?

Hope this isn't asking too much of you. Thanks for your help.

If you are using Flash 5 there is nothing you can do that involves directly accessing a file with a JPG extension.

You will have to create a SWF with the JPG in it, and load that.

You will need one SWF for each JPG you have.

All I know abut MX is that you can load JPGs directly.

Try posting in the MX forum.

what about sound?

What about mp3 files? I want to load an mp3 into flash that a user selects.

J.