A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chromeless_30.js and www.sym-music.com

Originally posted by axis000
    ahh..! that's an idea!..but how did http://www.sym-music.it did it? They've done it in their website..control the browser window from Flash.. look for it there...
    ok..i see it..you ve made me busy now....that is a great control...i would love to explore it..let's try then..

Super Cool
    lemme know when you get it..I'm trying too with the help of ad_mtk2. Hope we'll be able to get it..it's really cool to have Cya tomorrow then..coz it's already very late here..

lemme know when you get it..I'm trying too with the help of ad_mtk2. Hope we'll be able to get it..it's really cool to have Cya tomorrow then..coz it's already very late here..
    ok...post here about the developments..... bye

on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:window.close()", "_parent");
    }

When I use the code,and click the exit button,ie asks me if I want to leave again.Can't we get rid of this and just quit with one click.
    I am working on a game and want it to be in a chromless window like in your examples.But I have no idea about it,isn't there a ready-made fla or a well-explained tutorial.Because I am one of those animation gods but no idea about scripting,js or html.Please help me.
    Thanks for your time.

FK's Super Loquacious Randomite ad_mtk2's Avatar
    all the good stuff on chromeless windows can be found here:

http://www.microbians.com

and select 'chromeless'

yes there is a way of closing it instantly, i'm just looking. i'll let you know when i have it.

ok, found it.

This should work:
    Code:
    onClick="self.close()"

Thanks but the code doesn't help,but I am checking the http://www.microbian.com,there are lots of stuff here,I will check them all I guess I can find what I am looking for,
    thank you again.

I'm still on the search for instant close in flash. It's easily done in HTML by putting the code i wrote into the <body> tag.

But i haven't quite found it for flash......yet!

Super Cool
    This is the script I used in my main.html containing the Chromeless(and holderless) Flash interface:

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">

<!--
    function main_DoFSCommand(command, args) {

// comando drag window
    // ================================================== =======
    // ================================================== =======

if (command == "drag") {

myVar=args.split(";");
    xpos=Number(myVar[0]);
    ypos=Number(myVar[1]);
    xstart=Number(myVar[2]);
    ystart=Number(myVar[3]);

x=xpos-xstart;
    y=ypos-ystart;

myWin.moveBy(x,y);

}

}
    </SCRIPT>

And this is the button action (inside Flash) to drag the whole chromeless/holderless window:

on (release) {
    getURL("javascript:function main_DoFSCommand(command, args)");
    }

Can anybody tell me how to make this thing work? How to drag a chromeless window from a button inside my flash interface similar to http://www.sym-music.it ? Please help.

Axis000

This is the script I used in my main.html containing the Chromeless(and holderless) Flash interface:

Can anybody tell me how to make this thing work? How to drag a chromeless window from a button inside my flash interface similar to http://www.sym-music.it ? Please help.

Axis000
    how do you know that button action??has you opened the .swf file??? heehehhehe...

Super Cool
    That's what sym did in their chromeless window holding the flash interface...dunno how they control that command tho from inside the.swf Any more bright ideas?? Please help...hehe

did you try mine? did it work???

For medicinal use only.
    i know you guys are way ahead of me but i was wondering how i could disable the title bar and all the other stuff that comes with the chromeless_35.js templete from microbians.com

eventually i would like to drag, close and do whatever else to the window from flash, like http://www.sym-music.it

thanks in advance
    madizm@rogers.com

find the following code in the <head> of the html that contains the javascript and make it 0:
    Code:
    	var tsz =0;
    The drag from windows is the thing we are working on.

We'll post it here when we find it.

COOL SCRIPT IN YOUR SITE

Originally posted by parorrey
    Great! That worked... Thanks parorrey

Do you happen to know also how to drag this window from Flash? Because now I have a full Flash interface (without the browser handles) but I cannot drag it..

Thanks!
    technically it is not possible..as you are in a container i.e. HTML page (though not visible but it is there)and you 've made its draggable bar disable..so html page can't be drageed from within Flash(to my best knowledge.dont know if it is still possible)...you need to enable that bar like i 've done it.. further i think it is very annoying as a user not to be able to drag your window though chromless but it should be able draggable at least..so i think copy my chromless.js file and use it..it is better ..i 've tried many chromless scripts and it is the best ....well in my view only.....hahahah by the way it is a worthy view.. so change your script..
    Hi there, please could you send me details of that script, i am using Swish and can make use of the javascript box function in Swish to paste the code in.

I would like to laucn froma button inside my flash movie, also if you have a tutorial on how to use it i will be most appreciative. i've tried a couple of scrpits but the instructions are never really clear.

my e-mail address is: rehmannas@hotmail.com

Oh..and...I really like your work

Riff

Thanx to all of you! You we're a great help for me.
    If anyone find out about the dragging part, please put it here. I will also look for it!

Originally posted by streetedge
    Thanx to all of you! You we're a great help for me.
    If anyone find out about the dragging part, please put it here. I will also look for it!
    yeh..i 'm working on that..and i think i have got the idea and logic of it...only needs to be implemented though..only..now.let me do that too..