A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: pitching this to client tomorrow

I'm pitching this to a client tomorrow.
    Only the homepage and one button is working.
    What do you think?

What would you do to make this a killer site?
    Does it need sound fx and a music track?
    A longer intro?

http://www.trademarkad.com/revision/

ready?

just my personal opinion, but I don't think it is ready to show to a client,
    close but not quite,
    the text is V blurry
    there is no off button for sound
    the mouseovers don't always 'un-mouseover'
    it isn't BAD or anything, just not polished. So I suppose it depends on where you are at with a client...
    but with clients I've worked with... they would not be impressed and inevitably focus on the wee unimportant things...
    anywho, I'd polish a little before showing... or be prepared to explain "it's just a prototype" nine million times

s

first steps first...

pitch to a client... I wouldn't, and here is why...

1. some blurry stuff in there.
    2. design comps in photoshop and don't invest time in all the flash(y) stuff.
    3. get a good design established first. If you have good conceptualization, you will be able to convey your ideas to your potential client, thus selling them on the idea without giving away 1/2 the store, when they aren't even at a cash register yet.

Banned
    good luck..you'll need it..

Originally posted by eeprete
    first steps first...

pitch to a client... I wouldn't, and here is why...

1. some blurry stuff in there.
    2. design comps in photoshop and don't invest time in all the flash(y) stuff.
    3. get a good design established first. If you have good conceptualization, you will be able to convey your ideas to your potential client, thus selling them on the idea without giving away 1/2 the store, when they aren't even at a cash register yet.
    i agree.

additionally:
    clients most times don't need "killer" sites, they need a site that works, is easy to handle, looks good and advertizes their business in an appropriate way.

ciao
    markus

i like where you're headed, the one link that works seems a bit choppy, needs to be smoothed out. i'd work it some more- could be great with some more time.

I think its pretty nice- its a little choppy and the roll overs don't really make sense as (the part where the logo comes apart- its cool but not helpful to the over all design), I think the client would be pretty happy with this as a start though sometimes they have a hard time perceiving the concept that some things get worked out later, definiely clean up the text first and you should be ok

I really liked it,

I like your design approach, because its different and has a lot of impact, and as for relevance of rollovers, well why make buttons flash, i question a lot of rollovers I see...

thank you all

I appreciate all of the feedback.

This will be presented on a cd, so the choppiness of the loading file will be eliminated.

I agree that the triangle-rollover thing is a bit confusing right now, but I plan to do much more with it if they decide to sign on the dotted line. If they dont, then it will join the rest of my tobefinishedatalaterdate folder.

As for the text, I still cant figure out how to get non-blurry text without resorting to system fonts or pixel fonts, neither of which are anywhere near their corporate fonts. Seems like we should have a checkbox option for antialiasing text (like photoshop). Any thoughts, examples, tutorials, etc will be much appreciated.

Thanks all.
    [Edited by flashfrog on 06-06-2002 at 02:38 PM]