A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Petition for Macromedia to improve the Macintosh Flash Plugin.

Try the windows version on your computer. I heard that running programs through windows on intel macs are faster than using Rosetta which has to convert the software as it goes. Put windows on it and run it from there. Keep me posted.

success, flash on macbookpro w os10.4.6

Macromedia has a hotfix patch to correct an anti-piracy bug that kept macro studio from running after a OS upgrade. i downloaded it and now works A-ok.

Quote Originally Posted by swak
    Try the windows version on your computer. I heard that running programs through windows on intel macs are faster than using Rosetta which has to convert the software as it goes. Put windows on it and run it from there. Keep me posted.
    Intriguing. Anybody here try this yet? Apps running on rosetta are slow.

Any idea when flash will release with a universal binary?

I think that they will release flash 9 as a universal and not look back.

willie watkins

Should be birding
    Yes, please fix this. It's not just the Mac people who are concerned (I do both Mac and PC) but everyone who creates with Flash must be worried that a large portion of their audience will be having a substandard experience.

How can we sell Flash to our customers when their customers might have a rotten experience with Flash? The world has responded to Flash as it's such a fantastic product. You should reciprocate and keep the fun going and not risk the consequences.

It's history now that Quark was slow to respond to their customer's needs and In Design just slipped in and took over so easily. Why let that happen to you?

Rickibird

Guess What
    Dear Sir/Madam,

This thread has been started to allow the Flash community to voice it's opinion over the poor performance of the Flash Plugin and Player for Macintosh.

We respectfully request that Macromedia make immediate improvements to the Flash player, to the end of matching it's performance and abilities to the plugin and player for PC.

Sincerely,

Please sign the petition ONCE only, keep your comments polite and relevant or they may be deleted. This thread is going to be sent to Macromedia
    First I am so happy that Macromedia do not exist anymore!! and I hope Adobe will consider improving the Flash player once and for all...its been quite long time.

If this do not work I will be the first to launch a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. I paid $1500 to buy the MAC version in 2004, since then I have started to use PC then MAC.
    you've asked for it don't be pissed

You payed $1500 for the Flash Player? Why?
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

Yes please!!! I use Firefox on my mac and it's horribly buggy... please improve the flv playback... it pauses my browser!!!

signed.

Absolutly correct.

And not only was it a first post, its for a good cause as well.

What the hell~:

Signed