A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Simple question yet hard for me =[[[

How can i make it so that when you go to my site i can launch flash into a pop up window like most flash sites are done how do i make this pop up window =[[[[

Damn Yeha I have this same preoblem, HOW N THE HELL DO U DO THIS?

Someone plz =[

=]

well, first of all... the pop ups suck imho. It breaks the flow of the site and is just plain annoying, but here is how to do it from a button in flash
    Code:
    on (release) {
    getURL ("javascript:NewWindow=window.open('ShowPopup.php','newWin','width=400,height=300,left=0,top=0,
    toolbar=0,location=0,scrollbars=0,status=0,resizable=0,fullscreen=0');  NewWindow.focus();
    void(0);");
    }
    change the vars to suit your needs, 0=no 1=yes
    everything after getURL should be ONE LINE up to the last ; and the end } on the next line in your actionscript. This method reqires no other script to be used in other html pages so its a little simpler and faster. Check the tutorials section for more on this, there are a number of them on JS popups

Ok but this is what i want.....

http://www.realitydesign.tv

im a a little bit passed teh begginners stage not to much thou so explain a little bit more in lamens terms =] i was able to plug in that code like u said but now how do i put my .swf file into that white window =]
    im sry i know im new

Also were can i get

these pop up window tutorials =]]

sorry, my fault... and dont worry about being new, i just learned this last week :lol.
    the part that says 'showpopup.php' you would change to yourMovie.htm, you can use the html file generated by Flash when you publish it, or just use yourMovie.swf. width and height are the size you want the new window to be, left and top are the position on the screen. So 0, 0 would be top left corner. If you have a 600 x 800 and you want it in the middle, just do the math to figure it out. If you REALLY want to go with the pop up, id suggest doing the math to put it in the middle, it looks better. The part that says 'newWin' will be the title of your movie or site... the part that appears at the top of your browser window.

If your splash is NOT a flash movie, then i would look on the net for free javascript sites that will show you how to write it for use in an HTML page, or again, the tut section here has one (is the same one i got this code out of) or you can view the source of the site you showed me and pick out the code for the pop up
    good luck

Thanks for are your help....

i really still need more help thou like how do i make it so that when i click the graffic like in http://www.realiydesign.tv it opens up the pop up window =]

// this is on frame one of my 'splash page'

playerVersion = eval("$version");
    myLength = length(playerVersion);
    while (i<=myLength)
    {
    i = i+1;
    temp = substring(playerVersion, i, 1);
    if (temp eq " ")
    {
    platform = substring(playerVersion, 1, i-1);
    majorVersion = substring(playerVersion, i+1, 1);
    secondHalf = substring(playerVersion, i+1, myLength-i);
    minorVersion = substring(secondHalf, 5, 2);
    }
    }
    if (majorVersion == 6) {getURL ("javascript:window.open('http://www.ironmallet.com/tvnav.htm','Computer1','top=0,left=0,toolbar=yes,s crollbars=yes,resizable=yes,menubar=yes,status=no, directories=no,location=yes'); void(0);"); }

// frame 2
    // a dynamic text box containing playerVersion
    // to make them aware of what they are running
    // and a button that they can use to go to macromedia to
    // get the new player
    if (majorVersion <> 6) {stop();}

// frame 3
    // since the site has already popped up over
    // this, it just says 'thanks for coming' and
    // has a reenter site button

Thumbs up All you need is some JAVA Script!

Dude...all you need is some JAVA scripting that ties in to the graphic as a link and launches the page that has your FLASH movie in.

Try this:

INSERT THIS IN THE HEADER of the page that has the graphic you want to use as the link that will Pop-Up the Flash window (replace the following "WEB-PAGE-YOU-WANT-TO-OPEN,HTM" with the actual file name of the page your FLASH is in:

----------------------
    // Copyright © 2002, I-Image Interactive Group
    // http://www.iimageinteractive.com

function launch(newURL, newName, newFeatures, orgName) {
    var remote = open(newURL, newName, newFeatures);
    if (remote.opener == null)
    remote.opener = window;
    remote.opener.name = orgName;
    return remote;
    }
    function launchRemote1() {
    myRemote = launch("WEBPAGE-YOU-WANT-T0-OPEN.HTM", "myRemote1", "width=720,height=470,fullscreen=0,location=0,menu bar=0,resizable=0,scrollbars=0,status=0,toolbar=0" , "main");
    }

// -->

(don't forget your scripting tags at the top and bottom of this script)
    ---------------------------

Now make the graphic on this page a LINK and make the link point to:

javascript:launchRemote1()

Thats it. Just make sure you set the SIZE parameters accordingly in the script above to match the FLASH stage size of your movie and make sure the page that has the FLASH in it has the margins set to "0" so it all fits edge to edge.

Let me know if that helps.

Dont want to be annoyign but....

pretend that you have no clue what java scripting is can you help me achieve what you did in that site above =] some plz get in contact with me on triplights420 on A.I.M. =]

bump

still need help =] or can sum one link me a to a tutorial on this