A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Netscape Table spaces

Angry

Hello All,
    Has anyone over come the obstacle of having an image cut up so only part of it is animated in Flash & the rest is static... then tried to put it back together in a table without gaps.... IE renders this perfectly but Netscape adds a white space...

If you have the answer it will be much appreciated ..

Thanx in advance

Mark

I've never encountered that problem before but I suspect it might have something to do with your HTML file. Did you use border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" in your table tag? Did you remember to td align your objects? Also did you remember to hspace="0" all your images and embedded swf file? Perhaps posting your html here would help us answer your question.

Thanx for the interest here's the URL http://www.datafield.com.au/development/infomaster/

I have set all vspace,hspace,exact sizes height, width even table spaces etc to 0 still cannot kill the space...

Thanx in advance if you can help

Mark,
    This is a cool little quirk in Netscape that I have noticed both on the PC and now the Mac. Netscape appears to be sensitive to the contents between the <td></td> tags. I noticed that you have something like
    <td>stuff
    stuff
    stuff</td>
    See how stuff is indented. If it is indented using spaces netscape picks this up and uses a single space which causes the whitespaces in your display. Try something like

<td>stuffstuffstuff</td>
    or
    <td>
    stuff
    stuff
    stuff</td>

Hope this helps. You may need to experiment a little.

Yes, as Amanda said, Netscape interprets your coding (which is really wierd) by the way you 'type' it and 'indent' it.

I have experienced that with 'brake line' tags .. it makes a difference if you set them at the very end of your line, or in a separate line after it.

I think this comes from the old times when images were used to be set with text around, so Netscape forces a space gap after the image.

As amanda said, you'll have to experiment some further on ...

TiMuN
    ".. because not all spaniards are like Almodovar"