A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: have you taken your caffeine CAPsules yet :)

FK's Official A&A Addict
    yup it's that time of year again summer anyway i'm going to set up cap again... this time for a longer period..

i'll put the outline here a bit... instead of a making an CAP "assignment" i want it to be a longer project that's here to stay... maybe not always as lively but nonetheless alive think of it as flashkit's own project for when your bored.

what needs to be set up:

every project has a logo right ofcourse it does... so a nice start for cap would be to develop some logo's.. CAPsules, CAPricorns, CAP... etc..

be inventive make it something that stands out (in a good way so no naked ladies or horrofying corpses )

a site... it's easy to put up a things to do list on a site
    rather then a board... as the threads go down each time.

ofcourse there are some things to think about but getting webspace shouldn't be the problem. I think we can get a link at the main page so that shouldn't be a problem either..

web design? anyone up for the task of webmaster?

ideas ideas ideas!!!

one thing is certain.. the framework will be flash mx.. everyone can work in his or her flash version however with compatibility issues in sight i suggest the framework to be mx.. as mx can import every other version of flash but for example flash 5 can't import flash mx movies....

form groups interact make movies for fun learn using flash That's what cap is about

Originally posted by justice strike

every project has a logo right ofcourse it does... so a nice start for cap would be to develop some logo's.. CAPsules, CAPricorns, CAP... etc..

be inventive make it something that stands out (in a good way so no naked ladies or horrofying corpses )

Can we have naked men and corpses that are only grotesque but not horrofying

I posted this before but I was thinking of doing something along the lines of the Anijam movie put out by Rocketship International in the early 80s where they had 10 or so animators and gave them a character, the first and last frame of their cartoon and just set them loose to do whatever they wanted.

I'm suggesting we do the same thing - get a character, build the library for it and set the first frame (which would also have to be the last frame so the sequences would fit together) put the source file up and let anyone who wants to make a 15second, 30second (whatever) short. And at the end of it all put them all together. It'd be interesting to see everyone's animation style and a good excercise in working with characters.

Don't forget you can use the IRC channel #FKanime on DALnet to discuss things - I'm currently seeing if we can set up a semi-permanent setup in there.

As I was discussing with Justice, I think that creating a general story or framework would be a good start - that way people can form teams to work on additions (ie - sound guy, backgrounds, voice), or take on the entire task themselves. But A&A should be the point to discuss the project as a whole, and touch base.

Human Being
    There seems to be two views on CAP right now, the "Each member gets a few minutes to do his own thing" idea, and "Each member takes a specific role in the production" idea, which are very different things. I'd vote for the latter, rather than have a final project with two minutes of excellent work, followed by a stickman segment. Not that stickmen are bad, but for this project to be serious, we need consistency.

Ooh, can I be webmaster??? I like designing...
    I think I'll try out a few ideas later today. Hey, I might even put them up somewhere, so you guys can all use up my limited bandwidth, and shut down my main site! (Not that there's too much there right now anyway.)

Or maybe that would be a bad idea. Darn these free hosts...

FK's Official A&A Addict
    well i think giving each member or team a limited time would prove to give somewhat more flexibility.

however i'm always open to suggestions.

who is in? and who has ideas for a framework?

Originally posted by pishkapa

I posted this before but I was thinking of doing something along the lines of the Anijam movie put out by Rocketship International in the early 80s where they had 10 or so animators and gave them a character, the first and last frame of their cartoon and just set them loose to do whatever they wanted.

I'm suggesting we do the same thing - get a character, build the library for it and set the first frame (which would also have to be the last frame so the sequences would fit together) put the source file up and let anyone who wants to make a 15second, 30second (whatever) short. And at the end of it all put them all together. It'd be interesting to see everyone's animation style and a good excercise in working with characters.

i quite like this idea.. it would be interesting to see a bunch of individual work put together to form one larger animation... CAP is not meant to be something big and grand that'll blow the world away, its meant to be a bit of fun for us regulars here at the A+A... and anyone else thats willing to put the time in of course...

I like the idea of http://www.eva-r.com

It's something like this:

you write a script and post it. So the whole story is written, then, as it is divided in chapters and scenes, you can chooso to animate or draw the scene you want, or make a storyboard. Of course, it's a little easy there, as everyone knows the characters (evangelion characters).

So, maybe I'd apllied what I'm doing in ::Exodus::: first create a bunch of characters, give them personality, draw them in every possible position, as a reference. Then little by little, i go on creating the plot.

So maybe it could work for CAP. Of course, characters should be easy to draw an animate.

That's the idea I have

Sounding good, i be in if ya think i'm good enough..

Web site?? will this be a spanking brand new web site with a spanking brand new domain name?? chosen by the CAP team. well tell you what if it is then i might be able to dig deep into my pockets and find some change to purchase one for ya!! did i say that out loud??

Wot ya think?? if so start thinging of a web site name..

Human Being
    I still go by the specific roles idea, but here's a design I whipped up for a possible CAP site:

::Party2000's Official Design Suggestion::
    Features: Small filesize, easy to navigate design, and modular teplate-based setup.

What do you think?

official system error
    woah! thing are going great!
    nice job Party, it's nice and fast, what we need.
    I'll try to do some logos, we'll see what will come out.

about the subject?
    I suggest some blame! like scifi *very action-ish*, I know I'm getting boring but in the end it would be great
    so.... LET'S GO!!!

I'd like to see an "action" film - it could have high and low points, is ripe for parody, and with cutting between different characters all pursuing a single goal, could allow for different visual styles to be merged into a single story.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    something like uhm... wacky races

Any ideas??

On the site name or is there a site we will use, as i said in the last post i'm willing to get the site for you. Just come up with a name and let me know.
    I did try CAP (sounds boring) but all have been taken.

nice looking design Party, we could have some character's faded in the top bar behind the title..

wacky races sounds cool each memeber coming up with their own super car with character, we could choose a character from one of our own animations (i.e. me= little red ninja)
    then we could have a map of the track which would indicate the position of where we are with the project, if you know what i mean. we could even ask Geoff Edwards to join and do the commentary for the race.

[Edited by toony on 06-15-2002 at 04:00 AM]

I'll also try a design tomorrow, when I'm awake

FK's Official A&A Addict
    let's first make a logo i think it's gives us somewhat more ideas of what the site should be named. like it's pretty silly to register the name capricorn when the logo is a monkey

the nosepicking anime group
    NFG - Never forget Google

uhm.
    Art And Anime Animations - AAA
    Animations by Flashkit
    Stylus and Tablet Animations

nice design there Party works real well

i've been watching alot of Justice League lately, how about something like that, where we make our own superhero and they all come together to beat one larger enemy... maybe in different countries too, some in italy (CAD), england, america, japan etc

FK's Official A&A Addict
    hehe with all the people in here represented as a superhero... all armed with pencils erasors and tablets

Artisto de Anime

uhm...superhero.
    The Stealth Scribbler
    and have him shadowed on the corner under the streetlight

Human Being
    A bunch of people wrote this:

"...cutting between different characters all pursuing a single goal..."

"...wacky races sounds cool each memeber coming up with their own super car with character, we could choose a character from one of our own animations..."

"...we make our own superhero and they all come together to beat one larger enemy..."

"...all the people in here represented as a superhero... all armed with pencils erasors and tablets..."
    I don't want to be a spoil sport here, but I'm really fearfull of that sort of a production. I know CAP isn't supposed to be anything big, or anything that's supposed to look professional, but more like an experience similar to working on a production in The Real World. (That being where you're paid for your work) The problem I see is that, in actual production for animation (or live action for that matter) you would never see individuals creating whole segments by themselvs, only to have the next part done by another individual, working alone. I just feel that that would be both confusing to make, and confusing to watch.

Rather, what I'd like to see (pardon me if I'm sounding condescending here) is teamwork. People working together to make a whole. Not people making their own projects, and then stringing them together for a patchwork production, but specific elements that make a production that can stand alone. Someone for sound, someone for music, someone for art, someone for backgrounds, someone for movement, someone for everything. The number of jobs that need to be filled are almost endless, so whatever your talent, there would be a niche for you. I know that here at Flashkit, most people are primarilly animators, but I'm sure that that's not your only talent.
    And if we run out of jobs before we run out of people (which considering the number of people who have tried to keep CAP alive in it's previous incarnations is unlikely) we could double up jobs. Two to each job, or even three. If one person can't get something done, or if they wait a month to start, one of the other artists/musicians/animators/etc could take their place, and the project would continue, and not take 'till doomesday.

But, hey, that's just me. If everybody still wants to work seperate, and connect everything together in the end, that's ok. I just want to see what everyone ends up with, and maybe contribute a little myself.

After all, it is summer, you know.