A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: have you taken your caffeine CAPsules yet :)

Originally posted by pishkapa
    Originally posted by xup878
    well i'd personally like to do something like that simpsons episode '21 shorts' (or something like that) where all the stories sorta mix together...
    would be quite interesting....
    I think this is an awesome idea!

Best of both worlds. We should have a common thread though like Waking Life or Four Rooms that ties it all together. What say you all?
    I've got to agree, that's a pretty cool idea. (Anyone seen 'Go'?) Perhaps you could run different stereotypes through it (because making fun of folks is easy and fun ) like a clash of the subcultures or something.

(You could set it in a very divided town with scientologists starting out door knocking at the poor redneck part of town... have white homies out in their mum's car driving past the resulting chaos... homies could drive into the back of a rivethead's car who was driving somewhere with a secret agent... through the window of coffee shop across the street two rich old ladies discuss their sexlifes... the moody goth waiters decide to kidnap old ladies but get sucked into their cappuccino machine instead... bum wonders through out the door at the back of the shop and into bladerunner cityscape... with society girls trying to use the atm machine but it won't except their cards and they cry because they've never seen Bladerunner and so don't have a clue as to where they are... this is getting surreal, more flu medication for me...)

Human Being
    My vote is for teamwork. Anyone can do a mini-project, but it takes effort to make a team. And I think this board is capeable of that kind of effort.

Well, if we end up with banners, I hope we'd have control of where they are placed. I did leave room at the top of the design for banners, but only if necessary.

As for the design, I've been making more javascript modules for the site to use, such as the gallery module, wich when included in a page allows for one command to set up thumbnails and full links in a short 3 picture set. And I added in multiple updater idetification newsbox headers. And now I'm working on making a shorter way to embed shockwave files... with another module! It's looking spiffy. I haven't uploaded it over the original, though. And anyway, the space where the template is stored is going down in under a week anyway... looks like it's time for me to move again...

(In case anyone was wondering, I'm using javascript for the site because I don't know if the server where it's going to be hosted will support ASP or CGI, but I know for sure that javascript will work, so it's a safer bet)

Is the capsule logo aggreed on? I don't know how well it will fit into the design, but I'm willing to try. But could I adjust the colors a bit? The site was planned with a lighter color scheme. But I can lose the green if necessary. Just so long as the color is bright, and works well with white.

yea, we'll have to work something out

half-life@onlinegs.com

Human Being

eek!

Well, looks like there were a lot of posts while I was writing that...

Hmm... Does that mean there will be ASP? If so, I have a cheap message board we could set up...

I would prefer banners to popups... but it sounds like that would be a step down in advertising methods from that (irc?) conversation.

And cheating the AD company? Shame, shame on you...

well we could use ikonboard or invision board...

the thing about the pop-ups is that I think they generate more revenue or whatever
    it's a pop-under pop-up, so once it opens it will be beneath the site, so it should be as annoying as a regular one

If you just wanted something easy and free there's also http://www.communityzero.com.

It's free services...
    Publishing (text, links, HTML, etc.)
    Discussion Groups
    Real-time Chat
    Note Boards
    Shared Lists
    Group Calendar
    Opinion Polls
    Image Gallery
    File Sharing
    Instant Messenger
    Automated Member List
    Web-based Administration
    Security and Privacy Controls
    Customizable Appearance
    Automated Invitations with Tracking
    Automatic archiving of all content

The only problem is it only allows 5MB for the pictures / file sharing, anything more and it gets kind of expensive.

No ASP, sorry.
    The pop-ups are because banners don't pay sh*t
    Invision Board worksg great, I have installed it before and would be more then happy to install it again.

JS i'm up team work but will go with the flow.

And as i keep mentioning if the domain name can be agreed on I WILL PURCHASE THE DOMAIN & SPACE no pop-ups or banners unless thats what you want.

> 35mb of reliable webspace
    > 1 x POP3 email account
    > PHP4 scripting
    > MyPANEL control panel
    > MySQL database
    > CGI, C, Python scripting
    > WAP enabled
    > 24/7 FTP access
    > Server Side Includes
    > and much more....

fkcapsule.com
    flashcapsule.com
    aacap.com
    flashcap.com
    etc..

Originally posted by Party2000
    Is the capsule logo aggreed on? I don't know how well it will fit into the design, but I'm willing to try. But could I adjust the colors a bit? The site was planned with a lighter color scheme. But I can lose the green if necessary. Just so long as the color is bright, and works well with white.
    No Party i don't think the logo was final i was just playing around but if thats what everyone wants then thats fine, have a play with the colours, if you want the fla file then let me know.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    hmm ok let's decide on a domain name otherwise this is dragging to long.

are we going for the capsule logo?

just name some domain names and we'll see wich one fit's best

Flashcap.com,
    aCapsule.com
    aCapsule4you.com
    CAPA.com
    CAPAA.com
    CapsuleA.com

Originally posted by justice strike

Flashcap.com,
    aCapsule.com
    aCapsule4you.com
    CAPA.com
    CAPAA.com
    CapsuleA.com
    flashcap.com has been taken some design company, .net is available.
    hey did you know that artandanime.com is available!!
    teamcap.net
    capcrew.com
    caproject.com
    imwithcno.com!!
    ihavenotgotaclue.com!!

I know I'm only just now joining in but;

fkcapsule.com <that one sounds the best. But if you're getting the hosting I don't think anyone would argue with any choice you made.

Peace
    Shannon

my vote goes to: http://www.caproject.com

my vote goes to: work as a team.

are we going to do it in flash mx, or flash 5?
    i just got the trial version of flash mx....and a serial number for it but there's no way to use it on the trial version .....you people can help me with this issue????

Originally posted by argonauta
    are we going to do it in flash mx, or flash 5?
    i just got the trial version of flash mx....and a serial number for it but there's no way to use it on the trial version .....you people can help me with this issue????
    Flash 5 would be fine. I believe Flash MX has been set as a standard for the finished work because it will be able to incorporate both Flash 5 and Flash MX files. But that will only affect the player number, not the development process (just be sure to coordinate with team members to make sure you are all using the same version number for shared files).

And you should contact Macromedia customer support if you are having problems with your Flash MX serial number.

official system error
    I vote for:

team work

and

ihavenotgotaclue.com

I don't mind about the url...

Originally posted by CNO

Flash 5 would be fine. I believe Flash MX has been set as a standard for the finished work because it will be able to incorporate both Flash 5 and Flash MX files. But that will only affect the player number, not the development process (just be sure to coordinate with team members to make sure you are all using the same version number for shared files).

And you should contact Macromedia customer support if you are having problems with your Flash MX serial number.
    So, I believe that before this project fades, we should put everything we've been talkin about, on paper. I think we should designate a Cap-coordinator, if one hasn't been chosen yet, that writes down all decissions made by the group and communicates about those decissions. I vote for CNO or JusticeStrike.

If everybody gives so many ideas and talk about them at the same time (like : tool to be used, way to work, domain, etc) we can't get organize, a group leader is needed. Maybe this thread should be divided in several ones like

CAP - deciding domain
    CAP - group team or alone
    CAP - news
    CAP - story

So we can discuss in each thread separate things, and still treat it as a whole project.

Finally, I got no more problems with flash mx no more, my sn works now This new flash version rules! up to now.

FK's Official A&A Addict
    I think the domain naming should be finished some time soon.... otherwise this will wait too long on this.

BTW does anyone know how to make wap sites? it's kind of easy to summarize everything in it without to much hassle

Originally posted by justice strike
    I think the domain naming should be finished some time soon.... otherwise this will wait too long on this.

BTW does anyone know how to make wap sites? it's kind of easy to summarize everything in it without to much hassle
    yeh i know the basics in WML (wap) did try and set up a site sometime ago but just ended up on the burner, didn't have time. I also had a image converter for wap (convert GIF/JPG & BMP to WBMP)

i've got lots of free time at my lil job i'm doing for a week... i'm trying to come up with some character designs...
    i'll post em at the end of the week

official system error
    hum... but what's the story in the end?
    because I'd liek to char design too