A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need some tips

Hey guys i was makin an unofficial site for my school ..so i wanted ure help to know what would attract more of the students... I wanted to know whta i should but in the intro,,,part.....menus;;;;;everywheree....Which type of animations .....ex..and information...Button type..colour changing ones or sprite ones..
    u can check my partiallty completed site ....it has lots of bugs and is only in test mode ...even THE SOUNDLOOP PLEEZ
    http://iisj.demix.net

btw i would like to know how i can load diff swf's in the same explorer..u can check it by clickin on download part but it doesnt link to the swf file.
    one last thing....does anyone know how to make a preloader with that byte loaded display
    HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEZ
    morpheus

Originally posted by leoaamro
    Hey guys i was makin an unofficial site for my school ..so i wanted ure help to know what would attract more of the students... I wanted to know whta i should but in the intro,,,part.....menus;;;;;everywheree....Which type of animations .....ex..and information...Button type..colour changing ones or sprite ones..
    u can check my partiallty completed site ....it has lots of bugs and is only in test mode ...even THE SOUNDLOOP PLEEZ
    http://iisj.demix.net

btw i would like to know how i can load diff swf's in the same explorer..u can check it by clickin on download part but it doesnt link to the swf file.
    one last thing....does anyone know how to make a preloader with that byte loaded display
    HELP ME PLEEEEEEEEEEZ
    morpheus
    Hi, morpheus.

I can't give you much help with what would attract the students--I've been out of school myself for a while (!!!). What I can advise is that you keep the content "clean" (read: inoffensive to the school administration); no profanity, no counter-culture references, no subversive recommendations, etc.

As to the SWiSH, which I suspect is your main reason for posting, you've done a nice job. Two recommendations I would offer:
    (1) Add a "Skip Intro" button to the introduction. This is always a sore point; you put a lot of work into the intro and want people to read it. Unfortunately, non-SWiSH/Flash/web designers don't appreciate all that work, so it's nice to give them an out.
    (2) The text effects occur too quickly. You need to give the viewer a chance to read what you've written before fading, squeezing, or in other ways transforming the text.

Hope this helps.

Howard