A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Preloader sticks

I've put the files in a different folder just so I won't mess up the regular site. DJCanaan went in on his site to show his DJ buddies and it got *stuck* on the preloader. Never went any further.

I can't seem to figure out what the gliche is. The percentage goes to 100%, then it stays there, then the "preloading............please wait" just continues and it never gets to the movie.

The URL is at:
    http://www.djcanaan.com/djcanaan_fla...ect/index.html

Hope you can help.
    Thanks
    PJ

Without a .swi, its hard to find where the problem may be. But i can give you some hints...

Im assuming your using Cadence's preloader package deal. Even if you arent, heres some things to remember.

*Make sure in your timeline you have a stop command at the end of your movie.

*Also check ALL the commands in the preloader, such as If Frame Loaded, Goto Frame. It can be an error as easy as directing it to the wrong scene, or as complicated as not having one at all.

*Check out http://www.purifiedproductions.com/preloader for more help. Cadence is definetely a guru on this subject, and has alot of helpful information on his site.

Anymore questions, feel free to email me, just click the addy.

-murdock

><>Im assuming your using Cadence's preloader package deal. ><>

Yes, actually Cadence did it for me because I got so lost. But for some reason it flies to 100%, then sticks. So I'll check out some of the items you mentioned and see if I can see the gliche, but I'm pretty sure it has all that, as I know I put a stop command at the end of my movie.

What should I look for at Frame Loaded? A URL? And I would look for that at Go To Frame also?

<><just click the addy><><

The huh? the addy? )

Thank you for the suggestions. I appreciate it very much.
    I'll also check out Cadence's site again. Maybe I can pick up some more info there too.
    PJ

Hi PJ,

I replied in your original thread about this subject, but I guess you didn't see it ...

I have no idea why the preloader sticks like that -- my only assumption is that after the movie has originally loaded, and you "replay" the page -- the preloader file "preloader_controller.swf" loads too quickly, and is not able to Tell your movie to continue playing at the right time ...

The only fix that I can find for it - is to add an "Enter Here" button inside the sprite "loaderbar" ... Have that button appear at 95 to 98% complete -- that way - if the preloader does happen to stick - the user will at least have something to click on to enter ... If the preloader works as it's supposed to - the movie will skip right past the enter button and continue playing ...

Here is a file that will illustrate what I'm trying to explain -- just look inside the sprite "loaderbar"

http://www.purifiedproductions.com/t...glitch_fix.swi

Hope it helps,
    Peaces,
    Cadence

><><I replied in your original thread about this subject, but I guess you didn't see it ...><>

Oh, gosh, no, I didn't. I'm sorry. I don't know how I missed it??

>><just look inside the sprite "loaderbar"><>

Okay, so I'll open this in Swish and look at the loaderbar??

I'll check it out. Thank you for the suggestions.
    I'll see if I can fix it.
    Thank you
    PJ