A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hockey fans? Anywhere?!

Hey, I know hockyfan is one, an' I am, too... anybody else?!

I wanna' talk some hockey here...

Detroit the best team ever?

me!

i love hockey, my fav team is Edmonton Oilers(my P.O.B.)

I also like TML(toronto maple leafs)

I dunt mind detroit

how do u like most Canadian Teams digital?

Well, considering Canada is the birthplace of hockey, I love 'em... all except the Canadiens... see, i'm a diehard Bruins fan, and they beat us in the first round...

ouch

nyah nyah nyah!

No way that Detroit is the best team in history. the 80's Oilers dominated the game like no one had ever seen. Detroit just bought the cup this year theres no way their going to be able to keep or afford their current roster.

I just wish there was a slalry cap like in the NFL, it would sure make the game more interesting (and fair to Canadian team who have to pay salaries in American dollars). Look at the NFL, there's almost always a new team in the superbowl each year.

I don't follow the NHL
    I used to play it, but I quit
    now I play lacrosse

Wichser
    iCEBERG says:

"awww yeah detroit baby!!"

Well I must say this years final was another yawner. NHL needs to look at a new playoff format.

Is anyone following the situation with both the flames nad Oilers. The NHLPA has filed a grieveance against the NHL. About the new player tax the government has pushed thru. Be interesting to see what happens.

:shudder: You now they will be adding netting around all of the arenas in te NHL next season? Brutal!!!

What do you guys think about using a playoff format like the NBA... two 5 game series and two 7 game series...

That's not my finger
    I got fed up with the restructuring of the divisions. I love hockey, but that the Leafs and the Habs will never share a Stanley Cup final again just seems wrong to me.

Did you all see the news about the birthplace of hockey? Seems that the first game with more-or-less modern rules was played in Montréal, not NS.

I love the Habs.

Hey hey..I heard someone say hockey-- and hockyfan!! Watsup??

I have to say, I was dissapointed seeing Hasek on Detroit, and not being able to show off his usual miriad of spectacular saves. However, I was overly-thrilled to see my hockey idol finally win a well-deserved Cup.

I got something to add--how about those Sharks?? I think they played a great series against the Avs, and next year could be an even greater threat. Their fans love the team, and the players love the team--and I'm a Rangers fan, but I love the team; how could you resist?

Bowman retired What else can be said than he is/was/will be the best. He ended his career on top, a perfectly fit ending. And will Hasek retire? What do you guys think? If he does, he'll end it on top as well, just as Bourque did last year.

I'm done...

h

That's not my finger
    Bowman is such a class act.

I won't even begin on the retirement (who oughta, who will) thing because that's all pointless meandering... as long as the game benefits, it's all good by me.

But yeah, Bowman is the shiznit in my books right now. What a friggin' beauty career, eh?

i Kissed the stanley cup at the hhof (hackey hall of fame) in Toronto

I am a diehard hockey fan. Just love the game. I grew up idolizing Wayne Gretzky, as he was the player that I watched since 5 years of age. I followed him where ever he went. Now that he's retired, I am a Leaf fan! I always had something for the leafs but just didnt show it.

As for this year, I called Detroit from the seasons half point. Next year, wont be so easy though.

Hey Hockeyfan, I always wanted to ask, your a Hasek fan right? How come you have a pic of what looks to be, Mike Richter under your name?

Anyways, Im not much of a Hasek fan myself, but it was good to see him get his cup, just like Ray Bourque, it was well deserved.

Originally posted by Vox98
    Hey Hockeyfan, I always wanted to ask, your a Hasek fan right? How come you have a pic of what looks to be, Mike Richter under your name?

Good question, I have a good answer(s) for you as well

First, the time during which I chose my avatar, was when Richter got his season ending injury, plus, it shows some respect to my team, while also respecting Hasek (see my title). I'm a die-hard Rangers fan, in no way a Wings fan, nor was I a Buffalo fan, I just like and respect Hasek, and have worked hard to emulate his style (if you can call it that) of play.

As a matter of fact though, if Hasek does indeed retire now, I'm going to change my avatar to a picture of him; probably from his Buffalo or Chicago days, not Detroit, since I feel he played much better on his earlier teams. In Detroit however, he didn't have to carry the same burden.

h

Very well put. I think he will be retiring.

I called it in March and I was right. Detroit would win the Cup. I've proud of gone to the same school as Bredan Shanahan (scored 2 of 3 goals in game 5). His cousin was my teacher, and his nephew is a good friend of mine.

Wooooooooo

Go Wings!!!

Double D's

I called it in September....or whenever they picked up Hasek, I knew they were making a run for the Cup. Now or never. A very well-desereved Cup from a great team effort.

h

What do you guys think of Bill Guerin? The stupid front office of the Bruins haven't made him an offer yet. The guy's incredible!

Originally posted by DigitalOne
    What do you guys think of Bill Guerin? The stupid front office of the Bruins haven't made him an offer yet. The guy's incredible!

I'll tell you what I think...
    • ...and now the starting line up for YOUR New York Rangers!
      Number 13...Biiiiiiiillll Guerrrrrrin!!!!!!