A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Policy at SW Airlines .... Fair or unfair?

Re: BTW

Originally posted by bm289
    By the way markP....nice site. Just went and saw it, good job! though I am leary of your views, your design abilities are good.
    Hehee love you too mate I don't really like my site at the minute, so its undergoing a redesign.

Thanks for looking though...

Originally posted by swampy
    stick them in the cargo hold.
    Hehehe genius

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Re: Re: BTW

You know - I'm sort of surprised ... Normally, posts I see here *usually* fall under a stance of the utmost compassion for the people ... the underdog ... the socially wronged ... the politically correct ... the ... the ... 'the little guy' (no pun intended?) ...

As far as my opinion of their re-stating, now enforcing this policy ... I don't know - I don't think it's going to be very popular among some groups ~ I wonder which group will sue first ~ Is it really discrimination? ~ How will it affect SW's business?

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar

Re: Re: Re: BTW

Originally posted by LanSite

As far as my opinion of their re-stating, now enforcing this policy ... I don't know - I don't think it's going to be very popular among some groups ~ I wonder which group will sue first ~ Is it really discrimination? ~ How will it affect SW's business?
    I know sw will continue to get my business for a while. However I am currently sueing some museam's and art galleries. The refuse to exhibit my stuff. Thats descrimination based on talent, or my complete lack thereof. Once I shake down these talent fascists I will buy a p-38 lightning bolt and retire.

let me know when you do and I'll come over and wax your ass in my Focke wulfe 190D.

<loads SAM launcher>

go ahead you too... have fun. I'm watching.

and locking on...

hey, no fair I thought this was a WWII equipment only confrontation.

*sulks at gerbicks technical weaponry superiority*

Focke
    flash kit has a pg-13 rating. so don't mention Messerschmitt either.

gerb, I wonder if your sam launcher comment set of an alarm. sam launchers being a current "threat"

I suppose "stalin organ" is unsuitable as well ?

I suppose "****** organ" is unsuitable as well ?
    ****** is far to offensive to conservative ears.

wonder if anyone has made a joke about organ music

Originally posted by TallGuyLittleCar
    flash kit has a pg-13 rating. so don't mention Messerschmitt either.

gerb, I wonder if your sam launcher comment set of an alarm. sam launchers being a current "threat"
    sam launchers... threat? bah... about as much of a threat as the WWII fighter planes

no need to sulk swampy. the SAM will most likely backfire anyway

Bah.

I was on a coach for 8hours with 2 overweight people, one sitting beside me (she gets the window side) and the other sitting in front of me.

Oh man, I was the one who was sweating a lot because I was making a lot of effort to stay in one place -- I was almost sitting on the edge of the seat with my legs crammed against me by the overweight guy in front of me.

Oh man! Still gives me nightmare! That was a terrible journey -- the girl who was sitting beside me managed to sleep... bloody cheeky.

I for one am not too bothered about other people because I tend to be cool about many things (I am relaxed and laidback guy) but I do understand the points raised here.

There are some obese people with some kind of genetics problems so cutting down on fatty food etc. does not really help. These people needs specilised help. However there are others who only have a simple "illness": complusive eating. If you don't have willpower and the food is controlling you, then you are not in control of your life.

I remember a true story two or so years ago: an obese guy in US went to the doc complaining of bad stomach ache. The doctor prescribed some tablets but he came back saying that the tablets do not work so he was taken to the hospital for X-ray. The doc did find something strange in his stomach.... it was a remote control. Somehow it went into between the flabs of the fat.
    Gross but true. Sad fact. Let's get these legs up and running!

I think it is a great idea, and also one of the funniest things I have ever heard. I can imagine it now, an attendant at the airport saying "I am sorry mam, but you are going to have to purchase another ticket" while thinking to himself "haha! your too fat to sit in one seat so I am going to make you pay for 2!"

at least that is what I would be thinking.

I know sw will continue to get my business for a while. However I am currently sueing some museam's and art galleries. The refuse to exhibit my stuff. Thats descrimination based on talent, or my complete lack thereof. Once I shake down these talent fascists I will buy a p-38 lightning bolt and retire.
    The galleries and museums choose what they want and it shouldn't matter if they like you or not. The problem is everyone is wasting their time for special interest groups or minorities trying to be "politically correct." If I don't want to hire someone or include a person that is fat or is of a different race [or whatever], I should have that choice.

Power in the people? Not anymore! Power in the Gov and $$$.

Here's another example:

http://www.katrillion.com/life/lifeg...7&newsId=22074

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    i took a 14 hour flight from dallas, tx, to hawaii... next to an obese person. let me tell u it was NOT a comfortable flight at all, for 14 hours!! i cant use the armrests, so i just sit there... hands to my side being still. it was the worst flight id ever taken and I wouldve paid for the other persons extra ticket had i the money.

there's should be a special sit for special prize for a disabled and big passenger

people. stop complaining.

buy first class tickets. all the room you'll need.

these people aren't just complainers, but cheap too.

All of Southwest's flights offer coach-sized seating. Business and first-class seats do not exist. And the "people of size" policy only applies to full flights where a larger person would not have access to an empty seat.
    is why they cant get 1st class seating

no doubt. 14 hour flight, in coach!?

that's crazy.

Ian, well, I'm not flying SW for that one reason.

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    Originally posted by Damaso
    these people aren't just complainers, but cheap too.
    Originally posted by Gerbick
    people. stop complaining.

buy first class tickets. all the room you'll need.
    think before u post... this thread is talking about the new policy on ECONOMY seats and i guess peepz here has had bad experience sitting next to an obese person in their ECONOMY flight...besides... if EVERYONE can afford 1st class seat this thread wouldn't have started in the first place.