A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Site

Ladies and gentlemen,

Roll up, Roll up all the fun of the fair. Hopefully a original flash site.

A clients new site is up and running.

http://www.meringue.co.uk

few points:
    1. It Currently using some source from the movies section of flashkit. Most notabley the Interactive TV section (TV and remote control. Kudos to the authors. They are being changed to something original.

2. 'tis on a slow server/bit heavy - client to client broadband site. not a problem on 256k or above line.

Any constructive critism grateful...within reason!

the graphics are cool, but i closed it once i saw the browser shaking thing. that's pretty annoying, and seemed pointless. just my 2 cents.

Smile ...

some really nice soundfx you Used, I also liked the splash effects of the paintballs...
    But just as schubee said:"i closed it once i saw the browser shaking thing"

But he said it was pointless, off course that is not true, with the effect it looks really need. But use it just for one thing and not for every click on a button..

good luck m8

greatings Frenk

really nice site, enjoyed it....maybe you could have more funky mouseovers for the nav bar like a paint drop dripping instead of it "throbbing".

as the two above said, keep the browser shaky thingy it to 1 thing only.

my question is: how do you do that? could anybody tell me quickly or show me a link to tutorial?

doppelganger
    Originally posted by spazmaster
    my question is: how do you do that? could anybody tell me quickly or show me a link to tutorial?

It's done with Javascript. Tutorials are available to help you do this.

http://www.flashkit.com/tutorials/Sp...-7/index.shtml

Thanks for the input - at least the browser shake thing is the only bad thing so far...

The site is meant for no nothing bozos' (ie marketing people and managing Directors ) - and flashy flash tends to impress them ( as do shiny objects! )

Any other advice???

Ta

Andy