A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Interesting article - Macromedia vs microsoft

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes.

http://www.clickz.com/tech/ad_tech/article.php/1369331

quote from the article:

Flash is evolving into the operating system of interactive advertising. And with its new and increasingly powerful dynamic features, it is also beginning to achieve a level of excellence at which it may present legitimate competition to Microsoft's own Web application development tools. Whether Macromedia intends to compete on this level remains to be seen. Launching a head-to-head battle with Microsoft can be dangerous.

Windows was to DOS as Macromedia will be to HTML.

As for other aspects...

No wonder that now we are hearing about Microsoft wanna but Macromedia
    so it will be SoftMedia heheheheeeeeeeee

Honestly where do people get stuff like this?

Flash isn't really a good platform for real heavy backend things but is excellent for the front end. ASP.NET is almost all backend stuff.

If you really want to look at it and get a small taste of what ASP.Net can do then go grab MS's Free tool Called ASP.NET Web Matrix http://www.asp.net/webmatrix/default...dex=4&tabid=46

The two aren't really competing but rather complimenting each other although you could also say that Flash compliments PHP, CGI, ECT ECT...

[Edited by johnie on 06-26-2002 at 12:09 PM]

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Is it possible that Microgeek consider Flash too advanced to bundle with it's standard browser, or even with an OS? You'd think if they cared, the standard practice of 'buy a similar software, adapt the software, weld the software (bugs'n'all), put the competitions' sales into a nosedive', would already been in the works.

I don't know (nor do I want to) the value/turnover/profit of MM, but I bet they're still just a snack on the menu of competitors to MS.

Anyway, I hope to hell they just leave well enough alone. Everything Microsoft touchs seems to become a bland, indifferent shell of its former self, simply because they need to set the user levels for the lowest common denominator.