A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac SUCKS with flash

I can't beleive it. I have always stood up for apple but their machines are absolute crap.

I have a project that has a continual voiceover sound and on a PC the .swf file is fine, perfect. But on the mac for an event happening in the same frame, the .swf is 2 seconds late in appearing.

I cannot believe that there is that much difference between Mac and PC but my experience in the last day or two has changed my attitude towards apple.

I have no idea what the difference is between machines. If anybody has had this same type of problem I would be really interested in your experiences and how you rectified the problem, if you can at all.

Len

PS I had a guy reply to another post who said that if you use fps 13/31/61 it fixes the problem - what a load of crap!

Apologies to apple and all supporters of macintosh. After reading the petition I obviously went on the war path against apple when the problem should be sitting at the door of macromedia!!

Len

madskool.wordpress.com brutfood's Avatar

Yep, unfortunately.

Unfortunately, the problem is with Macromedia, not Apple. And whearas Apple is committed to constant innovation and improvement of their products, Macromedia on the other hand are content to recycle any old rubbish to make a quick buck.

Despite Mike Chambers' strategy of calming the masses with a few choice but empty words - I'm not holding my breath for Macromedia to fix this one.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=326893