A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8minus8

Profile: 8minus8

If you were to describe yourself in five words what would they be?
    friend, artist, out-going, funny, sarcastic

me & quasi in sleeper hold

Name: Eileen Martinez

Pets: king snake (Kali), cat (Quasi), prairie dog (SuperDude)

Where based: Raleigh, NC

Favorite quote: “I’m a lover, not a fighter.”

Favorite Website:
    http://www.limiteazero.com/

Favorite Cocktail: vodka sour w/cherry or red bull & vodka

Favorite artists: John Cage, Eduardo Kac, Andreas Gürsky, Tim Hawkinson

Favorite bands: Elliott Smith, Krüder and Dorfmeister, Michael Jackson, Sarah McLachlan, Modest Mouse, No Fun at All, Cranberries, NIN, Radiohead, Jim Croce, Timewriter (I like variety…haha )

What do you do for fun? Work on my computer (believe me?), go dancing, just started bowling (yep, it is a lot of fun! ), going to a bar with some friends, just hangin’ out!

Most embarrassing moment: I wish I could say I don’t get embarrassed but that would be a lie. Fortunately, when I do get embarrassed I tend to have selective memory and choose to forget! It works great for me.

Why do you volunteer your time as a Moderator? FK provided an area for me to become familiar with flash; I am self-taught like many that visit the boards. I hope by helping others out, they are eager to do the same when they encounter the opportunity.

Thoughts to advance the profession: Experiment or stand still! Everything has been done….at least once, it’s up to you to translate how you absorb your surroundings, your education. Inspiration not appropriation!
    Last edited by 8minus8; 07-28-2003 at 10:23 AM.

very long time since I have been here, very long.
    But I did not know you where a her.
    Cool. Nice cat.

congrats

congratulations on becoming a moderator. i hope to become a moderator when i get more posts up etc

congratulations 8minus8

Jesus Loves You

good luck guys!

why doesn't my img file work????
    }inspiration not appropriation{}track me{}mod squad profile{}
    site check specs > mac g4 400mHz :: 1gb ram :: 1280x1024 :: 18" lcd monitor :: safari :: cable modem

"...she told me that I'm her forever lover, you know..."

Sam

The snake

8minus8......may i see your King Snake(your pet) ???

psstttttt...

Re: The snake

Originally posted by okifernandy
    8minus8......may i see your King Snake(your pet) ???

psstttttt...
    sorry my snake is off limits.
    site check specs > mac g4 400mHz :: 1gb ram :: 1280x1024 :: 18" lcd monitor :: safari :: cable modem

Originally posted by SJT
    "...she told me that I'm her forever lover, you know..."

lol. you know it.

did you name your cat after the band? I saw them play with elliot smith once, very hectic, but cool.

have you seen SJT's avatar? that's him you know

:|

Originally posted by aversion
    I'm sorry, it's as far as my humor goes really.
    I think the best plan is to laugh at me, not with me.
    Sam

Originally posted by aversion
    did you name your cat after the band? I saw them play with elliot smith once, very hectic, but cool.

:|
    nope. I actually named her 'quasi' because of her face. How the peach fur splits her face in half...and bleeds into the gray.

btw, I like SJT's avatar.

8minus8, how is Syracuse these days. I noticed in your profile you said you were moving soon. My parents lived in Liverpool off of Lake Onondaga for a few years. They said they never got to actually see any of their surroundings because it was always covered in many feet of snow.
    Last edited by gdstudios; 03-01-2003 at 10:23 AM.

Hey gdstudios.

Aaaah. The life in Syracuse....well....I try not to dwell on the bad things in my life. But seriously, it's not such a bad place. The weather, as you noted, is definitely the worse part of Syracuse. I look outside and it is currently snowing. At first what was a novelty has become bothersome. Syracuse has good points, I've been to a lot of places in the outskirts of Syracuse, been to the state parks, gone sledding, seen waterfalls, been to places like Toronto, Boston, NYC, Niagra Falls, Ithaca...tons of fun in the snow!

When the snow finally melts it's a nice place, I especially love to see the leaves change.

Don't get me wrong, as soon as I get the chance I'm bolting and moving south!

Originally posted by 8minus8
    Hey gdstudios.

Aaaah. The life in Syracuse....well....I try not to dwell on the bad things in my life. But seriously, it's not such a bad place. The weather, as you noted, is definitely the worse part of Syracuse. I look outside and it is currently snowing. At first what was a novelty has become bothersome. Syracuse has good points, I've been to a lot of places in the outskirts of Syracuse, been to the state parks, gone sledding, seen waterfalls, been to places like Toronto, Boston, NYC, Niagra Falls, Ithaca...tons of fun in the snow!

When the snow finally melts it's a nice place, I especially love to see the leaves change.

Don't get me wrong, as soon as I get the chance I'm bolting and moving south!
    Thanks for sharing some your experiences in Upstate NY. Sometimes I wonder how these last several years would have turned out had I decided to go to the Cuse to get my Bachelors degree. Go Orangemen!

I was born in Philadelphia and lived in Southern New Jersey until I was 18, so I know about the cold and the snow, but by no means have I had to go through snow that measures in feet. The weather-enthusiast in me is always curious to know how it's going in the Snow Belt. But, I, too, am looking forward to moving South eventually. Definitely Southern Flordia when I have the chance. What a great part of the country. If only I felt confident in selling websites down there.

Originally posted by gdstudios
    Thanks for sharing some your experiences in Upstate NY. Sometimes I wonder how these last several years would have turned out had I decided to go to the Cuse to get my Bachelors degree. Go Orangemen!

Definitely Southern Flordia when I have the chance. What a great part of the country. If only I felt confident in selling websites down there.
    I'm glad to. Yeah I'm finishing up my MFA at good ol' Cuse. Still have no idea why we are called Orangemen.

It's funny you mention Florida, I'm originally from Miami and went to undergrad at UF. Gainesville and Syracuse are like night and day. College towns are definitely the prime place to go to undergrad. Lotsa fun! Florida is reallly a nice place to live. Seems like the places I've lived are the extremes.

Anyways. it was good talking to ya.

hehe that cat is so cool.

i have 9 cats.

=)
    I can only postulate the probability of performing at a paramount level of perfection praised by the pulchritudinous paragon whose only practice is to preserve such a paradigm.

Wow, I haven't seen 8minus8 for such a
    long time... I wonder where she is nowadays....
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

8minus8=0

maybe passed away?

Originally posted by bvgroote
    8minus8=0

maybe passed away?
    yes it does equal zero. but no I did not pass away. thanks for the happy thoughts. I'm fine and well. just finished graduating, just finished moving to a different state. and now getting settled in. haven't had the internet in a while. but I never stray to far away from fk. (hey that rhymes! )

hey Nionicle. thanks, I love my little kitty-cat. 9 cats! I have problems keeping up with one.

teehee I still love you!