A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Web Site Designer Wanted!!!

Hi,

I'm currently producing a low budget feature film here in the UK and I'm trying to find someone who would be capable of designing a great web-site for it.

Unfortunately, due to an insignificant budget I can't pay anything at the moment but I can guarantee several perks:

Firstly, I already have a substantial amount of web traffic to my existing site (approx 200 hits per day) and this will increase considerably with the addition of the feature film pages.

Secondly, as well as the obvious full advertising you will get on the site, I will credit you within the movie for all work undertaken. This feature is for commercial distribution, and as well as doing the rounds at all major festivals, it will be hawked widely on the internet. Almost all interest in the feature will be directed to the site over the next year. And believe me - the interest will be substantial!

Finally, I've just established a corporate and commercial production division to my company. I have absolutely NO access to media based internet design, and I would love this opportunity to forge business with someone who possesses these skills. Any future work through my company will be passed to whoever this web designer (or designers) may be, and of course all fees will be taken care of.

I'm also looking for competent graphic designers to undertake art department work within the movie, and if that interests you too, please let me know.

Hope this is a promising opportunity for someone. if you'd like to find out more, then please feel free to e-mail me at crew@movie-house.com. Check out my current web site at http://www.movie-house.com. (Although this is not the site you will be designing for).

Although I'm based in the UK I would welcome designers from anywhere.

Many regards

Robert Latimer
    crew@movie-house.com

Chemical Engineer

Thumbs up

threejohns,

Don't mean to be rude, but if you've got a website (with all due respect, very lacking in all visual aspects), selling items for photographic purposes, of which most items are over US$100, you come to this forum trying to scrape up some free help? I don't know about the other members, and yes I did my homework, I have no idea where he comes up with the 200 visitors a day idea, since I tried his keywords in webposition gold, and he doesn't even rank near where anyone would notice.

I myself work all day at what I do, and unless I see a real opportunity, I really don't even bother posting a reply. Does tick me off a bit to see people abuse this forum. Consider that nobody's time is free, sir.

Cheers,

Nyuk! Nyuk! Nyuk! Hey Moe... serpent star's Avatar
    movie house could really use some work. If you ever decide that a competent designer is worth a few bucks too you, let me know and I could help.

Working for free is not gonna feed my family. Maybe some high schooler will hook you up if your lucky.

Money talks.

Good luck

fkit luver
    Yes, I would be interested in getting a website done for you. I am looking for work currently so we could work something out.

Get in touch with me if you are still interested today.

Thumbs up A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush

beware of this.

penlix, i checked out your site. you're definitely worth more than $0 But whatever you decide.

fkit luver
    Doc, I don't suppose that anyone would think of getting a site for completely nothing, I am willing to put the work in for something in return, whatever is to be arranged..

Thanks for the interest though!

they call me the_jump... le_saut's Avatar
    It's difficult enough getting paid work sometimes without people who do work for free undercutting everyone. What's next? paying for work?

If you pay peanuts expect (most of the time) monkeys...which is true for every business unless they need the exposure - read Lawyes doing Pro Bono work...(but this doesn't mean that high rates = high quality).

Most non-IT people don't respect the value of a good website - so things like this just serve to reinforce their opinion..

Invoice or Die!

My thoughts

James

Regarding my original ad

I apologise for offending people, that wasn't my intention and I do of course understand people's reaction toward doing work for free.

My site is barely earning me a living and most of those items have been up for sale for months. I can assure whoever went on the mission to prove me as some kind of rogue, you're probably earning a lot more money than me. If it's in your chosen field then even better.

I'm working in my chosen field for free too (which is film production). I have no income from it, but I'll persist until something happens. I would hope there's someone out there who feels the same way about web designing, and I was hopeful we could get together and create some business.

If I'm wrong, then I apologise.

Regards

Robert Latimer

If it was a paying job I might consider it, but whether you could afford me, I don't know.

I just finished high school and have no work right now being that im a bad salesman, Im interested in building up an image for myself in this whole flash comunity, Im not really as good as many guys here are, my expertise is inside programing flash scripts but ive gotten the handle of a lot of intruiguing desings and effects. I really have nothing to show right now cause my hosting compnay kinda scammed me off with my domain and lost a lot of stuff too but im wokring on that. If your interested email me at ravenofdispersion@yahoo.com and tell me about the project itself. My days right now are taken moslty by me trying to sell cheap webpages around here so as long as its not a lot of work or a lot of time taken I guess Im eligible.

Thanks for reading.

ok, so let me get it right, u want a good high impact well functioning website for a low price. I can produce anything u can come up with, and if u cant come up woth anything, i will - cause i know what will work. I can have your site done in a matter of few days. The job is simple, and quick for a designer with my experience - $150 sound good? if not we can work some sort of payment method. That is my price, if u dont like the site u dont pay - that easy. U will, I guarantee it.
    email me if interested and lets finish this by the end of next week.

Originally posted by morphious_xp
    ok, so let me get it right, u want a good high impact well functioning website for a low price. I can produce anything u can come up with, and if u cant come up woth anything, i will - cause i know what will work. I can have your site done in a matter of few days. The job is simple, and quick for a designer with my experience - $150 sound good? if not we can work some sort of payment method. That is my price, if u dont like the site u dont pay - that easy. U will, I guarantee it.
    mmm someone sgettin a bit cocky, no??

didnt mean to sound it, i just want to get to the point

didnt mean to sound it, i just want to get to the point
    yea i know , i was just takin the piss, hehe!

Wichser
    Originally posted by threejohns
    Unfortunately, due to an insignificant budget I can't pay anything at the moment but I can guarantee several perks:

ok. read.

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    If it was a paying job I might consider it, but whether you could afford me, I don't know.
    sometimes Gloomycus...I love your pointless arrogancy.

I am addressing this to you, because I would've said in real life as well.

This at least, has a point to it, regarding to this thread.

However, if you read it is a work for free, why don't you just accept it. If you are good and worth all the big bucks, go out and acquire some business. no? Why do you bother with a free work offer then?

<hates arrogant remarks worth nothing>

The Minister of No Crap

vsecades and others who aren't interested in doing work for free,

If you're not interested, then don't reply to threads like this. I'm sure Robert cares as much about you not wanting to work for free as much as you care about him seeking free work.

If you really want people to know that you don't work for free, then start a new thread and let everyone know. I'm sure people like Robert will find it fascinating.

Robert, you are more than welcome to post your potential job in this forum. Good luck in finding someone.

-scott

as long as he signs the verbal agreement payment can go on hold for months, its not an issue. I have to make sure his site functions and he's hapy with it anyway.

tell me, is this sellable..... OddDog's Avatar
    An honest opinion.

In all the examples of threads that were looking for free work, this has been the worst treated, which is very odd. The site has a great deal of design potential. As a none designer I notice the large number of threads on the subject of flash as an art form. So were is the love of art gone guys ??

I think the main issue is someone asking for something that could potentially produce income for them while not offering some equivalent reward.

For example, they could offer - in contract - some kind of percentage of income or simialr if the film makes a profit...etc (and if anyone's actually interested please consult a lawyer). Now, this would still not be touched by any real design studios, but would be a way of one struggling artists helping another.

But while the only offer is "exposure", well the other threads around abut this subject have said enough.

as long as he signs the verbal agreement payment can go on hold for months, its not an issue. I have to make sure his site functions and he's hapy with it anyway.
    morphious_xp, there is no money. This job is to be done for no cash transaction. Re-read the original post.