A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CLean and Smooth Effects

I am not feeling that. Not really a cool site.

one word: lame.

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Oh my god, it really sucks!!!

Sorry

I didnt think that you guys would just look at the surface. Here http://www.polardesign.com/polarpres...sentation.html

wow, are you guys kidding me? This site is classic.

nope, don't like it, sorry.

i can imagine that some people would like it but it's not too my taste it's fairly simplistic, the scripting is crude and the usability is lacking.

aesthetically i can see it appealing to some people though.

How do I go about getting those couple of minutes back?
    Gave it the benefit of the doubt, but have to agree with the rest, Polar is not cool.

Cool is Relative

Cool to me is what is going to get customers to respond. I feel that what they have will get customers to respond, therefore it is cool. Money makes the world go round.

Re: Cool is Relative

Originally posted by mcouncil
    ...Cool to me is what is going to get customers to respond.
    Self-promtion? It would appear so. Why else would the attempts to justify "Polar" as being cool continue.
    nuff said.

Re: Re: Cool is Relative

Originally posted by fla999
    Originally posted by mcouncil
    ...Cool to me is what is going to get customers to respond.
    Self-promtion? It would appear so. Why else would the attempts to justify "Polar" as being cool continue.
    nuff said.
    NOT! I have no affiliation with Polar Designs. I just know what sells corporations. That is what they look for in a design company. Check out pcproduction.com they have a similar feel, and they have Customers like BiC, Checkers, and many outher big corporations. That's why I say cool is relative. Self Promotion? http://www.anythingbutflat.com and I know it isnt cool either.

i disagree that polar designs is what corporations look for in a design company, it's what some corporations look for in a design company but certainly not a majority, there are so many different styles out there and many succcesful deign companies with wildly different sites.

the most success companies with corporations tend to have quite simple and straight forward sites, companies like huge and heavy (sounds like a magazine...). I think that if you're going to try and design for corporate accounts keep it simple and have a rocking portfolio.

and fla, you gotta remember that mcouncil has every reason to feel that the site is cool without it having to be self-promotion, it's just an opinion.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    polardesign is designed to make flash look clunky and slow which is bad for the rest of us, gives the software a bad rep and makes it more difficult to sell to clients.

Besides this site has been around for ages and still hasn't been updated.

Originally posted by nevil
    polardesign is designed to make flash look clunky and slow which is bad for the rest of us, gives the software a bad rep and makes it more difficult to sell to clients.

Besides this site has been around for ages and still hasn't been updated.
    Agreed. We've moved beyond sliding text and full screen animations, and it would be nice if more potential clients knew that too, and the only way is to show them what can be done, not outdated glorified PowerPoint presentations.

Again, just an opinion, so don't bite my head off if you don't agree with it.

Cheers
    Dave