A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: standalone and visual basic?

resolved

can standalone and visual basic pass variables back and forth seemlessly? (FLASH 5)

You can't get a standalone .exe to accept variables because as far as I know the program excepts.. none..

You can however pass variables via the flash standalone to other programs.. using the Expression commmand and the Chr(9) as a space.. (or technically TAB)

There was a thread many months ago where someone was developing a VB app.. and had it set to take parameters.. but Flash just wouldn't send them.. He was researching a solution but never posted if he found one.. I suppose if you really needed some help, I could refresh my old VB skills and take a shot at getting a VB to accept a parameter via flash??

Also..

There are couple possible therotical ways that a Flash executable could accept a parameter..
    A. You have your program write to a text file and have flash read from a text file..
    B. You could download the Flash Player SDK modify it to suite your needs and then have it accept parameters..

resolved

I suggest you to check this thread:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...?threadid=6974

Let me know.

Yep that was the thread.. and now that I've looked at it again.. it appears even I tried to get a VB app to take parameters from flash but it just wouldn't..