A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash 6 player problems - grrrrrrr!

Hello peeps,
    I have a frustrating problem. I'm creating a site in Flash MX and exporting it as Flash player 6 because it uses the new scrollpane component.
    It works fine on my machine but on others I've tried it fails to get past the first build stage which is to load a menu into another level.
    If anyone has the time could they check it out and let me know if it works on their machine,

http://www.edsaunt.fsnet.co.uk/creativescene/index.htm

I have ensured the Flash 6 player is installed on these other machines so I'm totally perplexed and, quite frankly, quite cheesed off as my deadline is looming.
    Any help would be massively appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Ed

Banned
    Seems to working fine on my machine... P4 IE5.5!

Cheers for that. Thats encouraging, but can I ask, do u actually have Flash MX (i.e. the app itself) installed on your machine? I'm just wondering if the player shipped with it is slightly different to the one on the Macromedia homepage, as the computers I tried that didn't work didn't have it.
    Am I making any sense???

Sleepy
    works fine for me!

IE 6, pIII something mHz and yes I DO have flash MX (the app) installed on *this* machine. I also tried it on my laptop (p4 2gHz IE6) that does NOT have flashMX installed and it also worked.

Well it's working fine here as well.

I might know your problem though, try Shift+right click on ANY .swf file, then go to open with > then go to Choose Program

Look for:

Macromedia Flash Player 6.0 r21

It may be trying to open it in Flash player 5 still, installing the new player doesnt get rid of the file associations sometimes for some dumb fücking reason...