A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Controlling size of new movie in Fullscreen mode

I have a CD project that I run in fullscreen mode. I have created product demonstrations (movies) using jpeg files (screen captures). I need to load these movies and keep their size at 640x480 regardless of the screen resolution of the end user to keep the screen captures from distorting. Need Help!

Wink

Hi, I came across a simpliar problem.

Just put another FS command in the first frame.

FS Command ("allowscale","false")
    FS Command ("fullscreen","true")

This will make the movie take over the whole screen regardless of screen the size, but still keep your move at 640X480, and thus no scaling will occur.

I hope that helps. Good luck..

Raj...

Actually I had tried that but that makes the base movie revert to it's origional 800x600. I would like to keep the base or "calling" movie open fullscreen but call a second movie and keep it's dimensions 640X480. I did not explain myself well enough.
    Thanks for your help!

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

If you are loading a movie into the projector just call it to a empty movie clip and center it. Use the set property command to scale the x and y. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

The scale properties are to make the file 640 x 480 from its 800 x 600 size. If you load a movie into a movie clip it will retain its original size. It will not scale with the original movie. The movie clip is empty until you fill it with the external file. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

[This message has been edited by Pope de Flash (edited 21 April 2000).]

Using the scale parameters does not do me any good as I have no idea what screen resolution the end user is running. I need to keep the called movie at exactly 640x480 regardless of the users monitor settings to keep the screen captures from distorting. One way I can do this is to create a projector of the called 640x480 movie and execute it with a FScommand leaving the full screen movie in the background. I just feel this is a little sloppy having the flash borders and file menus showing, plus not having control of where the movie pops up.
    Thanks again