A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mac vs. PC Projector Performance

Hi, y'all_
    I'm creating Projector presentations of varying length and content. Some have a lot of bitmaps (all optimized for minimum file size) some mostly vector and all are 30 sec. to 2:30 in length with streaming soundtracks. We're creating them in Flash 4.0 on Mac G3s and G4s, but for some reason the PC Projectors we publish are randomly glitchy and sluggish compared to their Mac conterparts. We're testing them on an HP Pavilion/Celeron and a Dell laptop/Pentium II. Since we're a Mac studio, any tips and insight from PCers would be welcome since these pieces are going to be used by sales folks with PC laptops and need to be stable. In particular we're baffled by how PCs handle app. RAM allocation & wonder if this is a contributing factor. Help?
    Thanks a bunch_
    harti'

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Could be a lot of things from video cards, to cpu or the Demon named Bill Gates in the box. Who knows, lol... I would build and test on the low end mac box and then you will know your ok. Its hard. I do CD's all the time and we just put a default disclaimer of best used with 350 PIII that way were middle of the road. There was a thread a few weeks ago where someone asked why they dont have "flash support" in the newer video cards? they were right, it sure would clean alot of the problems up. Maybe someday well have stuff thats consistant. Good luck, Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.