A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: cost for straight HTML site creation ?

Help Seeker
    A potential client has a budget given to him by his employer - a university. A department's site within the university needs to be completely re-designed. The content is 95% there for me already. The existing site has about 50 HTML pages because links lead to other links. Will have to do some Photoshop work and may add a bit of Flash at my own discretion.

I have 2 years experience with dynamic sites and 1.5 years with Flash and have a portfolio of 3 sites other than my personal site (check my URL).

What is the minimum charge you would take for a project (mostly static pages) like this? $350? $500? more?

Thanks!

Firmly Fastened to the Milk Sac of Misanthropy
    I'd go for an hourly rate. That way, if the project becomes more of a bear, you are not short-changing yourself. Don't take this as rock solid, but I think $25/hr sounds fair.

Help Seeker
    Thanks. We've pretty much agreed to a price have been communicating through email.

Now my question is - how do we make it a legal/binding agreement - a contract? Are these emails good enough? Or does he (the client) write something up and send/fax something over for me to sign or vice versa?

I have only been dealing with trustworthy friends in the past. But I do trust him since he's in charge of a large department at a large university here in the states. I'd just like to make it official and binding.

Thanks!