A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Heres one that may be easy...maybe not.

Ok,
    My wife is working on an html form to send an email of the specified form to a party listed in the SendTo in the html form. SHes got that part down, easy enough. There is alos a spot in the form where the employee must list their "bosses email" as well and they want this form sent to the boss too.
    ANy idea how this will be possible? I know it IS possible, but is there any premade javascript or anything someone can throw together right quick or show me how to do to make it work?
    Thanks guys/gals,
    PBM

Don't know if this will be helpful but...
    What about putting the boss' email in the CC or BCC?

I think the problem is the fact that the bosses email will be different for different groups on her campus. They all have different bosses in this case.
    Thanks for the comment tho, i appreciate it.
    PBM

Well, you add an extra field for the emailadres of the boss and you put it in the (B)CC. Or am I wrong again ?

thats what im trying to figure out....lol.
    I mean, the boss would have to have a variable name in order to be called up and HTML doesnt deal with variables. So I would need a JS to handle all that. AT least I think so anyways. I didnt know if it was even feasible, but I had hoped it would be.
    PBM

Hi,

JS can change the data in hidden form fields, same code as for changing input text fields...
    document.forms.formname.varname.value = 'new value here'

Musicman

Firmly Fastened to the Milk Sac of Misanthropy
    What is she using on the backend to actually send the message (PHP, ASP, etc)?

Shes using PERL and CGI for the back end. A program called Bravenet I think. Anyone dealt with that one before?
    PBM