A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: a little help please

Hello,
    I actually have a couple questions that maybe someone can help me with. My first problem is that I am running into is that a made two file. My main fla file (which is 800 by 600 pixels) and a swf file (which is 100 by 200 pixles)that has text animation. When I import the swf file into my main movie, you can see the animation that goes out outside the 100 x 200 area. How do I make it so it does not show the animation outside the box size on the main fla movie?

My second question as to do with scripting. What I would like to do is make a button that allows vistors comming to my website to add a link to their website in my main fla movie file. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions and thanks in advance.

For the first: thing: create a movie clip..(new symbol) then import the swf in the symbol then drag it until its in your 100*200 or whatever window

For the second thing: You will need a special server ( not like geocities, or any other junk host )
    i dont know how to do this but ive seen a example on FK..seach the movie selection!

Schaap

If you're not planning to have some kind of reward system for referals, you could just post a textbox (make sure it's selectable) with the html the user would need to paste into their site to link to you.

Oh i dident understand the question.. NO, you dont need a special server i tought you mean this: a box with all textboxes and the user can save hes own links in it and other users would see it hehe.. lazy english

well, as you got this adivice earlier, i will just enforce it......convert the text animation to a movie clip and then scale it to the size you want (right click>scale). that will make it the size you want...and one more thing, before publishing, you might want to see everything gos ur way so go to file> publish settings to set things right...

hope that helps....
    and as for ur second question, u should have a press kit or something....the users can copy or download it and put it on their own sites if they want.