A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flash Keeps Crashing on my Mac!

Continuous Crashes

Well I did find Flash 5.0 and reinstalled it and I was good for about an hour. Then BOOM! I have done everything short of reinstalling my system but Flash 5.0 or 5.0a still crashes on my Mac. The only thing left that makes me suspicious is that I am using dual monitors. I think Flash doesn't like it. Meanwhile, my project is almost completed anyway.

RJBStudio,

does that mean that the crashes are limited to the current project, or do they reoccur with other files?

if the problem is limited to a single file, i would suspect a bad font or a postscript problem with some graphic that you imported.

do you have (seemingly unrelated) problems currently, with other applications on your Mac?

FWIW, i have a dual monitor setup here and Flash is
    very stable.

good luck

[Edited by macmarts on 07-16-2002 at 06:48 PM]

I had exactly the same problem.

According to Macromedia there is a bug with the sound pallete. Try keeping it closed until you need it. This has worked for me - My machine was crashing every 20 mins now hardly ever.

Hope this works

Cheers

Lex

I know the feeling!
    I've been working with Flash on macs since version 4 on a g3, g4 and g4 powerbook. Guess what? I've always had problems, independently of software versions etc...
    Whenever you start building up the size of a .fla file by adding sound, too many bitmaps , hardcoding text or enbeding a font everything becomes unstable.
    If anyone has a magical cure please tell me.

Crashing

Now that I have upgraded to Flash mx, the usual crashing has declined a great deal. It's still not perfect but tolerable. Thanks for all the advice, gang.

Just another thought, are you keeping up to date with your OS 9 updates?

I realize these issues may be isolated to your machine, so it may be worth mentioning. Crashes like yours are usually a case of extensions conficts. Maybe you've unistalled software in the past, but often the extensions will lay dormant - and potentially cause these kinds of problems.

You might want to run Conflict Catcher http://www.versiontracker.com Thank Apple, OSX does'nt have this issue anymore.

5G