A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Can I make the loadmovie command wait?

here's my dilema. i'm making a site that has different movies for each of it's internal links. i have a brief "exiting" animation for the current page when the user clicks on another link. so i have a load movie command on the button, but i want the animation to play in the current movie before the new one loads. it is only about a second long animation, so is there a way into tricking flash into pausing a second before the load movie command kicks in??

eric

United States Presidential Hopeful in 2028
    Place the loadMovie action in the last frame of the SWF that needs to play first. Have the button press set a variable that determines what the next loaded movie will be, so that when the playing clip gets to the end it evaluates the variable and loads the coresponding movie.

makes sense, but i'm a moron and i wouldn't know how to begin setting and sending variables. mind helping out?

i want the button to load "exit.swf" so i would put the loadmovie command in the last frame, but without telling it what movie to load. in the "exit" button, i would tell it to put the variable "exit.swf" into that last frame. am i on track here? i just don't know all the commands to put that together. thanks for your help