A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Powerpoint style presentations, in flash. Seen any good ones?

banned by dp
    I'm looking for some good examples of linear presentations made with flash. Do you know of any?

Thanks.

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    "powerpoint". How come I get a taste of vomit in my throut whenever I hear that word?

go to macromedia site and look at their product tours for mx

I'd show you some I've done but they do kinda belong to the clients

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    Originally posted by cosmiceye
    "powerpoint". How come I get a taste of vomit in my throut whenever I hear that word?
    actually, there are many reasons why powerpoint type effects are the best way to go with doing a project.

even though ms did make pp, i can not say it is a good program because it is and is very useful. im not sure what you have against it?

Ryan Kallok: Kallok Studios kallok's Avatar
    I really do not see myself using powerpoint really...unless if i decide to make my studio big and hire people, then I might use it for charts and junk....thats about it. I did use powerpoint equipment before in school, I really don't care for it.I mean even my health teacher used it for sexual reproduction notes and things!

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    its a very good tool for those who are not that flash savvy or want to learn flash, or even want to know how to do it in flash and want the easiest way

pp is simple, has more than what you need options wise, and if you use it correctly can create crisp, professional and usable shows.

my church for instance uses it weekly to project words to various songs on large screens in the sanctuary, with flash i could do the same thing but it would be harder and more time consuming.. its a good place for pp to fit in there.

i just wonder why cosmiceye says that because there is no reason to dislike it. its a very valid useful program.

Danny Gomez Creations ® cosmiceye's Avatar
    under a palmtree in Jamaica waiting for psytopia 2005 to begin
    Originally posted by capty99

i just wonder why cosmiceye says that because there is no reason to dislike it. its a very valid useful program.
    Its just that everybody uses that in my uni, and as we study interaction technology, it just freaks me out that all the other students sacrefies hours in making their presentations cool in pp (and swithing to java applets when there is something that they cant make in pp), when they could have made the same presentations 100 times better and twice the faster if they just took a little time to learn some flash. Powerpoint might be a great tool for presentations, but I think its more suitable for company- and projectplan presentations. Yeah, it was kind of stupid to make that silly reply all becouse of a personal reason, but hey, I was tired and blabla bla...