A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Glass Break Effect and Dissolve Effect

Hello All.
    Can anyone help me with these two effects? I'm looking for a glass break effect and a dissolve effect (instead of just fading away, dissolve away). Thx tons!

As for glass break effect try explode
    group your chards together as group then apply explode.
    As for disolve play around with 3d spin and fade out the object using the end alpha value.

Just to elaborate on Fret's post, if you want it to break into seperate pieces then just make each piece of the glass, and then go to Grouping --> group. Make sure not to group it as anything else otherwise it will explode as one object and not break apart.

Carpe Diem - Moderator wolfgross's Avatar

Thanks Everyone!

Originally posted by wolfgross
    http://www.swishzone.com/demos/showdemo6.html
    Thanks everyone who responded! As usual, you guys are a wealth of info....

I actually found this demo that came with the program... the problem was that I was exploding a jpg of the cover of a book, to evolve into the cover of the new book, which is being released.

I literally had to "doctor up" the image of the first book by pulling it into an image editor, and cutting it into "puzzle" pieces (I'm sure there's a program out there that makes "puzzles" out of jpegs instead of doing this by hand... let me know if anyone knows of any). Then I overlayed the "uncut" version which I placed a "remove" action just before it "broke." It worked great...

Thx again for all of your support.

p.s.

Originally posted by everywhichway
    Originally posted by wolfgross
    http://www.swishzone.com/demos/showdemo6.html
    Thanks everyone who responded! As usual, you guys are a wealth of info....

I actually found this demo that came with the program... the problem was that I was exploding a jpg of the cover of a book, to evolve into the cover of the new book, which is being released.

I literally had to "doctor up" the image of the first book by pulling it into an image editor, and cutting it into "puzzle" pieces (I'm sure there's a program out there that makes "puzzles" out of jpegs instead of doing this by hand... let me know if anyone knows of any). Then I overlayed the "uncut" version which I placed a "remove" action just before it "broke." It worked great...

Thx again for all of your support.
    Oh yeah - I still haven't attempted the dissolve thing yet...so anybody who has done this, let me know how you did it... I know I have to play with the fades but haven't been able to come up with a "dissolve."
    Thx!

fading effect

Y dont you try giving alpha?