A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: export export different than editor-

http://members.fortunecity.com/persp...me/testb3.html

only 3 buttons currently used (top left triangle, middle triangle and the bottom trapezoid) for this test

I am making a combination lock and i want the regions on the
    grid to glow when pressed and STAY ON until you get the right
    pattern. It erases the glow if you leave the grid. I used the button command to make the 3 hotspot areas and "on mouseup" calls child movies for the glowing effect. the "hotspots" were just filled in paint areas for the hotspot image no other images were added in the button dialoge boxes. Under it all (at the top of the "add and element list" is another large button whose hotspot is the whole grid area, and "on mouse leave" i have "hide" and "stop" commands for the child movies for the glow effects.In the editor this works fine as i wanted. BUT when exported the glow effects turn off not only when the mouse leaves the grid but when you touch the hotspots of the other "buttons" you can press.
    what is shutting them off?

Are there any other combination lock samples i can find somewhere...and similarly any "put correct item here" samples
    from an inventory, thats my next goal.

--------
    craig
    --------
    was hoping this program would save me from my old method of
    just making pics for every combination possible-urg!
    see original at:

http://members.fortunecity.com/persp...html/index.htm

Is your main movie looping? If so turn the looping off..........

-Jason

Hello solipsism,

Double check that you're not clearing the others when you mouseover.

Check that the movie length is long enough just incase there is something outside the allotted movie time.

Aside from that and what zoranvedek suggests I can't think of anything else unless it's possible to post a link to your movie so someone can take a look.

http://members.fortunecity.com/persp...loadformat.ZIP

the movie file is here...i had to zip it because my free
    host won't accept .movie files (censorship is just wrong)
    n'est-ce pas? I guess you get what you pay for.

anyway hope you can help
    it works in the editor but the glowing buttons disappear when you touch the other areas on the grid in the .swf format.

craig.

problem and solution

Hi solipsism,

The problem was due to the Mouse Leave events you placed on the button 'gridhotspot'. You see the 3 other buttons are sitting in front of that really big one so when you mouseover onto one of the 3 smaller ones what you are effectively doing is 'leaving' the 'gridhotspot' button to move onto one of the smaller ones. This is why the buttons kept on dissappearing.

Also, because it's not performing the same in the preview editor as it does when you export it I'll submit this to support as an 'undocumented feature'

Now I changed your movie slightly to get around this problem. What I did was to copy the button 'gridhotspot' and rename it to 'hideall button'. I moved this button to the top of the element list so that it sits behind everything else in the movie.

I then moved the hotspot paint object in 'hideall button' to the Normal tab and set the opacity of the object to 0%.

Effectively what I've done is duplicate the 'gridhotspot' button so that it no-longer hides the other buttons and made that the task of the 'hideall button' instead.

You can get the updated movie from here...
    http://www.flash-fx.com/3dfa/forum/s...ly17-1pm.movie

HTH