A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Helena Rubenstein again Frets - please read

Frets, first thanks for the help!

I'm a beginer and still on the demo, so I'm not sure if I haven't understood you or you haven't understood me???

On the helenarubenstein site a mouse over changes the button's picture. As I understand it that is just simply a matter to change the up, down, and hit states.

What I'm after is to know how the buttons continously change size without any mouse over as they scroll around. What action could do this? I supose what I'm asking is would you mind telling me what I need to do to acheive that efect.

Thanks again

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    Mind if I throw an answer in here for ya Calvin?

This is the real fun stuff. First, take the pic you're gonna use for the button, and convert it to a sprite. Since you're new to Swish, I'll tell ya upfront that sprites is what it's all about. Now open that sprite (double-click it) and you'll see it has its own timeline. Right click frame 0 of the timeline, and choose transform. Double click the transform effect on the timeline to open it's properties windows. Under the transforms tab, you'll see a setting for Scale. You'll also see boxes along the top for start, middle, and end. click all three. Set the start scale at 100, the middle at 150, and the end at 100. Push the play button and watch it grow and return to normal. Fiddle with the scale and effect duration numbers to get it doing what you desire.

On the next frame after your transform, right click the top line of the timeline and choose Go To Frame. It defaulst to 0, leave it there. Now it will repeat that transform over & over, very neatly.

Now go back to your main timeline, you'll see your sprite there. Relocate your sprite off stage to the right, then double click frame let's say 60 of your sprite's timeline (on main time line). That double-click on the timeline will automatically insert a Move effect that will stretch all the way back to frame 0. Click the top of the timeline above the last frame of your move effect, then drag your sprite all the way across the stage, and just off. You've just set where the effect will end.

Put a Go To Frame 0 effect on the main timeline top line, right after your Move effect ends, now it will loop.

Select your sprite in the outline at left, then hit the Actions tab at the right. Hit Add Event, and choose On Release. Hit Add Event again to tell it what to do on release, like go to url or go to frame or whatever you want it to do.

Reach back and give yourself a pat on the back, cuz you just did something cool.

Good luck!

Cos

UNified
    Just a point re posting at Swish help forums

# Please stick to the "original thread", which is just down the page.

Why,
    # Additional threads based on the same TOPIC simply push someone elses off the front page without good reason.

# If Frets has gone on a world tour and some one else wants to help you they dont have the information previously posted

# Its a waste of resources.

# If you reply to the thread you started it will "come to the top" anyhow.

# Also Im sure that Frets has EMAIL notification in his postings if you want him to reply to you.

Any help on these matters in the future would be great.

Thanks

Jofta

Thanks Ssc Cosmic ! / Sorry Jofta

That'll do it : )