A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Feedback Please........

Just putting the finishing touches on this site and would appreciate any feedback that you might have:

http://www.darksideskates.com/

I'm also open to suggestions/ideas(I'm all out of creativity at this point) for
    an intro movie.......

Thanks in advance,
    -Jason

Hi Jason,

I can't believe that you have run out of creative ideas!!! Never heard of such a thing. Perhaps it's just a case of writers block?

Anyway, as per usual, your work is awesome. I'm going to be brutally honest as everyone can expect from me

I get an error dialog pop up when I clicked on the Messages button. The error is saying that Line 8 'bookWindow' is undefined. This is probably not related to anything that you've done but I thought I'd mention it here.

In 'Shop' the wheel moves slightly to the left on mouseover.
    Under 'Wheels' maybe they can come in spinning?

For a Loading Moving you could use a skate board as the loading bar and somehow work it so that the loading percentage appears on the board where you would place your feet which I've just learned is called the deck.

The wire fence in the home page/window is fantastic! Love the effect.

I think some button click sound for the menu would be nice. Like that of a board hitting the pavement as an example.

Overall, nice work. But the big question on my mind now is.....can you skate?

nice site

I like the design, and didn't have any problem with the messages window pop-up. Skateboarder is cool - how'd you do that? Loading movie will look good when finished, i'm sure. The "Here" text (info about being featured button) comes a little off-center when scaling up, but maybe you intended?

I like the straight-forward design, and the fact it doesn't take too long to load!

Jon E.

Originally posted by kusco
    Hi Jason,

I can't believe that you have run out of creative ideas!!! Never heard of such a thing. Perhaps it's just a case of writers block?

Anyway, as per usual, your work is awesome. I'm going to be brutally honest as everyone can expect from me

I get an error dialog pop up when I clicked on the Messages button. The error is saying that Line 8 'bookWindow' is undefined. This is probably not related to anything that you've done but I thought I'd mention it here.

In 'Shop' the wheel moves slightly to the left on mouseover.
    Under 'Wheels' maybe they can come in spinning?

For a Loading Moving you could use a skate board as the loading bar and somehow work it so that the loading percentage appears on the board where you would place your feet which I've just learned is called the deck.

The wire fence in the home page/window is fantastic! Love the effect.

I think some button click sound for the menu would be nice. Like that of a board hitting the pavement as an example.

Overall, nice work. But the big question on my mind now is.....can you skate?

The javascript error, I think is due to an undefined(or wrongly defined) variable on my part. Bret hit me up about it earlier, will work some on fixing it this evening.

There are alot of buttons that move slightly, I'll be going through it with a fine tooth comb over the next few days, tidying up and doing the final tweaking of everything.

Do I skate.............

Hmmmmmmmmmm..... I'm almost 30(don't tell anyone), but yeah, been skating for nearly 20 of those years..........

-Jason

Re: nice site

Originally posted by JDE
    I like the design, and didn't have any problem with the messages window pop-up. Skateboarder is cool - how'd you do that? Loading movie will look good when finished, i'm sure. The "Here" text (info about being featured button) comes a little off-center when scaling up, but maybe you intended?

I like the straight-forward design, and the fact it doesn't take too long to load!

Jon E.
    Like I just said, theres alot to be tweaked on this one, fine tooth comb will be coming in real handy. I'm also thinking of changing the background(again).

Thanks for compliment on loading time, I try to keep things so that you'll never have to wait any long than 2 HTML pages should take to load(sometimes it's not so easy).

-Jason

Re: Re: nice site

Its nice but I have always found blue on black a little disturbing to look at.