A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FlashMX + OSX + CD Everywhere = :((

URGENT - Does FlashMX Mac projector work?

I'm under contract to create a CD that will perform on PCs and Mac, including MacOSX.

1 -- The CD is created on a PC using FlashMX coz we have a lot of video content; want the CD to be completely self-contained, and love the new video capability of FlashMX.

2 -- Both the PC and Mac projectors are included on the CD.

3 -- We burn an .iso on PC using CD Everywhere to make the CD cross-platform.

4 -- We're testing, and find that the CD doesn't work on ANY Mac system -- primarily fullscreen won't stay fullscreen, only the first page??? But everything works great on PC.

5 -- We now suspect that FlashMX [or is it just the FlashMX/Mac projector?] has a problem on OSX.

6 -- We also now know that CD Everwhere does not support OSX, and we're waiting to hear from them if CD Everywhere supports FlashMX [they say they're doing tests now].

Any further info, experience or problems with these (3) culprits would be much appreciated. Thnx, Metrov"

NEWEST ADDITION TO THIS POST:

I came to the conclusion that I would have to create the CD in Flash 5 to get it to work. To make the CD in Flash 5, I have to create simulated video, meaning that I export the videos from Adobe Premiere as btmap frames.

The new problem is that although originally created in Flash 5, all my Flash files have since been opened in FlashMX, meaning they now will not open again in Flash 5, which means I would have to re-build the entire CD from scratch. Well this means re-creating months of work.

Even if I publish the .swfs as Flash 5 from FlashMX, the projector that is created this way still says Flash 6 player. Which means I still have a major problem, coz it seems it's the Mac Projector that's not fully functional.

CAN A MAC USER PLEASE TELL ME IF THE FLASHMX MAC PROJECTOR WORKS ON ALL MAC OPERATING SYSTEMS? Because my only other option at this point might be to create the .swfs/CD using a Mac.

Thank you, Metrov
    [Edited by Metrov8 on 07-15-2002 at 09:12 PM]

I've heard several complaints about the Mac flash player.

thnx.

Anyone know if the FlashMX / Mac standalone projector works on Mac; specifically is there an issue with fullscreen STAYING fullscreen?

m

Yeah there's a fullscreen issue. I know I saw somewhere that the first .swf works fine but to have all parts of the presentation stay fullscreen you have to call all the following swf's individually.....

later.

Originally posted by jakeinomics
    ...you have to call all the following swf's individually.....
    Hey thanks jakeinomics,

Could you be just a little more specific though about calling swfs individually? I'm calling them individually with buttons. The buttons load all swfs into level0, replacing whatever is there.

Is there another way to do it to work around the fullscreen problem?

I know if I have a 'base' swf that always stays on level0, and call everything into level1, fullscreen stays fullscreen. But then none of my code works, and I have tons of elaborate code as the CD is highly interactive.

I'll look for the post in a sec. It covered all these issues. He got the fullscreen to work then had scripting issues just like you but I haven't looked for abit to i'm sure the thread developed. Cant remember where I saw it right now I'll get back to you asap.

later.

Hey jake,

were you ever able to find that post?

thnx, metrov