A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] [

My team is working on a cross-platform desktop application, and the first thing that lept to mind was Flash. It seems like a no-brainer that it would be great for that sort of thing. I've worked on Windows apps with Flash and programs like Jugglor and Exescope.

But...

I can't find any program for manipulating a Mac projector, or even working seriously on one from a Windows environment. We need something that can do things like shrink down and stay on top of the desktop without being the active application, along with irregular borders, dropping the menubars, etc.

Does a tool for manipulating projectors like that exist for the Mac? We're starting to look at Runtime Revolution ( http://www.runrev.com ), but I'd rather keep it in Flash.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

JSpektr

If you use the QT Flash handler you can do some of that but it will require you to have QT installed on the machines.

Otherwise you are correct... there just aren't a lot of tools that will work the same on both including the Flash projector itself (the Mac version will be subtly diffrent and you can luanch applescripts from it-does mostly what you are mentioning, but the FS Commands are different).

The link you provided also makes apps that work in the Unix environment. There isn't even a projector option for Unix environments abnywhere. Also note that this supports Flash!!!
    from http://www.runrev.com/revolution/inf...yfeatures.html

Multimedia support

Import, export, and display sounds, QuickTime and QuickTime VR movies, Flash, images, HTML, and text.
    This product actually can use Flash so I'd say look into it. There wouldn't be any difference than using this over a projector enhancer. In fact I'm all for traditional Multi-Media Tools that Support Flash used in place of the projector. MMB is another great one (Although MMB is Windows only).

Thanks

Originally posted by johnie

This product actually can use Flash so I'd say look into it. There wouldn't be any difference than using this over a projector enhancer. In fact I'm all for traditional Multi-Media Tools that Support Flash used in place of the projector. MMB is another great one (Although MMB is Windows only).
    Yes, I caught the mention of using Flash in Runtime Revolution's web page, but so far I haven't found any details in their documentation. I downloaded the trial version, but I haven't had time to do anything with it. If it turns out it's a viable way of getting Flash to work cross platform (maybe even on UNIX) then I'll definately post the details here.

Thanks for the support.

UPDATE: Turns out Revolution can only use Flash by wrapping it in Quicktime. It looks like it then plays it like any other video file, which is less than I was hoping for. Maybe it would be better to just put it in Quicktime.
    [Edited by jspektr on 07-18-2002 at 05:06 PM]