A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scrollable text and Guestbooks

With the new feature in 3.6 that lets us scroll a text box, I rewrote part of the guestbook and it was MUCH simpler on the 3dfa side. You can see it in action

http://bretlanius.com/gb/guests.html

This was a quick hack to see if it would work there is no option for adding a comment on this one. I may rethink the whole thing near future. Have some new ideas.

no text?

Bret, I don't see any text in your box. Is there supposed to be text there?

Hi JDE,

I got the same thing but I just hit the refresh button and it all came good.

Bret, I haven't used this feature yet but it looks like it'll be an extremely useful tool for your guestbook demo.

I plan to use this feature now for the chess game.

Re: no text?

Originally posted by JDE
    Bret, I don't see any text in your box. Is there supposed to be text there?
    Interestingly it has something to do with the variable import.. If there is a delay it can cause your movie to freeze if you use a while loop so when I wrote this A tried something new.

There is a hidden text box assinged to the variable that is returned from the server. In a list of actions I check to see if it has data and when it does I fill the other text box with the formated data text and flag the dataready variable so the the actions don't get called again.....

So what you where seeing is probably some bug in the way I wrote the routine.