A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 2Advanced site

Right.. what's that..a thread or a book? Talking bout the site.. just two words: <b>COOL</b>
    Ye..i know...one word.

Re: not bad...

Originally posted by thickvision
    Yes I admit that a couple of there effects are getting a little old, but we must remember websites have a specific target audience, and none of them will have ever seen these things before, and will be wowed by the effects.
    Ya know, I think this excuse (used by many people defending 2A) is getting a bit old and can't be supported anymore. I mean, as days go by, more sites are using these effects whether by 2A or not. Quite honestly, I think anyone who uses the internet has seen these types of effects before in one way or another. You guys have got to come up with new reasons...cause these are getting old.

I've usually criticed 2A , for anything there is to pick on Of course i do that, i am a web-designer after all

But that site was one of my favourites from 2A. Perhaps one of my fav's of all time. At first glance my mind went immediatly AHAAA..theyve just modified one of theyre earlier works !!! but then i thought it over, and thought.. SO ? They're layout really works, and doesn't have too much of the earlier work's content that we can call it a copy. This is what to expect from 2A, and they deliver every time.

Navigation were totally laggy, very possible due to server overload or something. No wonder... it is a 2A site after all !

http://www.teamfox.org/joh.jpg
    [Edited by aversion on 07-20-2002 at 04:06 PM]

i linked to your picture johnny, I'm pretty sure not everyone here wants to download a 100k+ unoptimised image of something I don't see is relevant to the thread.. what was it anyway?

as for the nav being laggy, it's got nothing to do with the server, the animation runs in an swf on your computer, unless the animation is streaming from a server, which is silly since it's not a big file, it's all on your machine, and the lag is processor tramping or a very low frame rate...

odd

Yeah, I am actually very surprised at the lag people have been getting. Despite the fact that their file sizes are on the larger side, there animations have always run flawlessly in the past. I think there might be a couple of explinations for this. The most likely I think is that ultimatte said 'we want these images in there, as is.' Which would be likely seeing that in redesigns, a main goal is to preserve, the established image of the company. I'm guessing the bitmaps floating around in the back of the topbar are to blame for the lag.

FK Board Shoe
    You spoony bard!

Agreed

Originally posted by aversion
    as i said above i really liked the content areas in this site, they're a little different, a little more textural than normal, and nicely laid out.
    Yeah I totally agree with you there bud. I really really love that balance in the content sections.

I'd go as far as to even say that 2A are nearing on a style and feel that gets me excited and at the same time, a style that maybe even Jacob.N. could stomach!

FK Board Shoe
    You spoony bard!

Although it is strange to see the domain name redirect to it's equiv IP.

http://www.ultimatte.com >> http://216.174.127.27/

Originally posted by aversion
    i linked to your picture johnny, I'm pretty sure not everyone here wants to download a 100k+ unoptimised image of something I don't see is relevant to the thread.. what was it anyway?

hehe... unoptimesed..well it was a webcam picture...just testing my webcam that's all...my god you can't post a single picture without beeing evaluated hehe..but that's all good

in my opinon this site is nothing special at all, i feel 2advanced repeat the same design and colors over and over again.
    2advanced.com is nothing special either and i have seen ALOT better sites.

this site is terrible as are the other recent sites they have designed and can be seen in the portfolio on the 2advanced site.
    who isn't tired of the very same look, the same corners, bays, dotted areas and buttons? don't all sites look alike? in fact, isn't it surprising that you even find the same photos on the higher source site and their own site?
    2advanced is completely overrated. they are no designers in my opinion but very, very good flash programmers and motion designers.
    i think their motion art is wonderful but i am afraid that once again, now that they have found their formula, we will see it applied all over again.

w w w . t h e o r y 7 . c o m nevil's Avatar
    I would like to see some new design from 2A, but there is another way to look at it, If a musician writes music for years with no major success, but finally they find a sound that people love and they hit the big time, if they then changed there style every 6 months they would loose there fans every time and get ditched by their record label, I think we have to let people run with their styles and let other design agencies promote the other styles.

Once again, I'm compelled to point out...

It's business!

When they change their own site, then try to be design critics. But they aren't doing whatever they want. They aren't doing whatever they are capable of. They are satisfying a client. They are creating a 2advanced product to sell to a client. The client hired 2advanced. Think the client would be happy if they got something that looked nothing like 2advanced's other work?

Go after that client if it's so bad. You should have no trouble taking the account from 2advanced if their product is so weak.

It is killer product.

although it is true that some clients have very clear aesthetical views and know exactly what they want before they consult a designer, a good designer should nevertheless try to make sure that the final product has a certain level of quality. in some cases with some clients it seems almost impossible to produce a great product. in these cases you DON'T put your name under it. 2advanced has too many sites of low design quality in their website portfolio. the new site does not have any design value whatsoever. it is a very bad copy of a once unique design that has made 2advanced well-known and revered some time ago. i believe however, that as a great designer you should be able to move on, experiment, make mistakes but not stand still.
    2advanced currenlty produces sites by applying one formula over and over again.
    i have yet to see a different design or even approach from them to change my opinion about them.

a bit too slow...but damn good

the site is cool but dougiefisher's site kicks ass!!!

2Advanced will always amaze us with their superior flash sites...Dont diss em!

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's

No Sound... or?

I am suprised there is... no sound.
    Especially with EJ's commitment to sound production.

And for sh1ts and giggles -
    where did the colored scroll bars go?

Still a very nice site, indeed.