A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: And 'they' paid HOW much??? - Create a site with a 'FantasyInterfaces' budget!!!

FK Board Shoe
    You spoony bard!

Smile

Hey all.

I haven't been posted for a long long time, but that doesn't mean I haven't been 'readin readin readin!' :P

I've been taking a really active interest in the threads responding to the launch of FI's corporate site and pre-launch thriller ConspiracyGames.com, I've spent more time reading posts, replies, discussions and arguments than I have spent looking at the sites themselves.

I'm still wondering, after all the months since FantasyInterfacse had their first huge break, how much studios with MCB (MASSIVE-Brand-Clout ), like FI and 2Advanced, charge their clients.

- I'm also wondering why I haven't yet discussed this with anyone...

So I hope now is the time.

Are there any threads here that touch on this subject? Is it taboo?

Can anyone tell me (or 'convincingly' imagine) the kinds of figures that are being handed around in these market leading deals?

____

And as a fun side-note. Hypothetically -

If you /(and your team) had just completed ConspiracyGames.com with the same SEEMING level of polish and complexity, WHILE BEGINNING the project operating at your current skill level(s).

Given the time needed to increase your flash knowledge base (especially re MX) and adapt your creativity and that you are working with a "PERFECT" client (Hypothetically) -

How long would it have taken you to complete the project?
    AND
    What (and How) would you bill the client?

____

Just a bit of fun

Thanks all.

Shoebox.

Now don't quote me on this, but I believe 2advanced charges in the range of $15,000.00-20,000.00 and up. I'm assuming FI is the same. People don't really discuss exact pricing because it borders on legal issues if you do.

But in perspective $15,000.00 isn't really a whole lot for professional websites. It all depends on the type of site, technology required, size, and how deep the clients pockets are. I've seen sites that easily cost $50,000.00