A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ghost in the Shell TV Series: Does it Sucketh?

cool an anime board at Flash Kit. Maybe you people know what the deal is on this. ANN (Anime News Network) posted yesterday that the Ghost in the Shell TV Series had been bought by Bandia for distrubution in America. But if that has happened it means that the series has already completed play in Japan, and if that is true, where the hell are the fansubs. Now I know not all shows get fansubbed to be sure, but this is the Ghost in the Shell TV series we are talking about. A show like that should be translated as fast as it appears on Japanese televisions (as we all know was the case with Hellsing, Read or Die, Hack Sign, Noir, and so many other recent good ones). What I am wondering is: are there no fansubs because the show sucks? Maybe somebody more in the know can answer this.

The feature length anime film of it was rubbish so I'm not really sure why anyone would want to see a whole series on it. Unless they have trouble sleeping then GITS is the perfect medicine.

No fansubs = It was too rubbish to be worth the effort!

They probably mean the mangas. Cause I have almost any and every anime there is [Like my manager gets them for me] and there's been no mention of any GITS series at all.

But since you mentioned it

Hack Sign is tha bomb!! Really going somewhere good i hope they don't screw it up.

Infinite Ryvius is like...ehh...it's ok I guess.

Shaman King is awesome!!

Rah Xephon is really confusing...but it's getting good....but it could also get really bad. It has this terrific Evangelion/Gainax wanabee thing going on...weird. But I like it nonetheless. It's better than Infinite Ryvius anyway.

Inuyasha is good as usual.

Chobits is a little heavy on the fan service but other than that...it looks like it will be good. It's really funny

Blue Gender is deppressing<--hated it

Mahou Yuugi 2d is cool...but really weird and at 2 minutes per episode what?

And Those Who Hunt Elves 2 is like feeling not as funny cause they're running over the same jokes I think.

Anyone know of any other good anime out. Or like is Full Metal Panic any good? And what's up with the Prince of Tennis thing? Why is that popular?

d7preplexed

Originally posted by dementia7
    And what's up with the Prince of Tennis thing? Why is that popular?
    lol - I saw that! What on earth possessed someone to make a manga about tennis I dunno. Why it's popular? Good question. One that I can't answer... it's too strange.

And the main character in it looks stupid also

I still haven't seen hack sign.

Full Metal Panic is cool, but I didn't like the ending.

Chobits is funny, and you are right, Rah Xephon is very confusing.

Ai Yori Aoshi is supposed to be extremely funny

full metal panic was ok...
    and whats wrong with the GITS movie?

p.s yes blue gender sucks..
    p.p.s Uk residents catch it on saiko exciting on Sci-fi

Shaman King is awesome!!
    I just picked up one of the Shaman King books the other week because I like the character drawing style. Cool stuff.

!list

How about mahoromatic, i my me! strawberry eggs, and onegai teacher... I know they're not the newest ones out, but no one ever mentions them? oh oh, and galaxy angels...
    yeah... i like shojo, you got a problem with that? *ahem*

I liked hacksign at first... but it didn't seem to go anywhere... I called it the Everquest show

btw, I serve fansubs in #animeone on Dalnet, if you /msg me and say your from flashkit, i'll bypass the queue for you. "/ctcp shurpa motto yukkuri itte kudasai" for access
    FMP isn't up cause i'm low on hard disk space, but you can special request it.

Hack sign conflicted me to no end because I didn't know to despise the main character as a crap anime man who rejects hot girls or to like the main character as a shy and reserved girl.

Chobits I am up to ep 7 and it is FANtastic.

Downloaded the Armitage 2 movie yesterday. It was nuts.

Those Who Hunt Elves 1 I found to be pretty stupid so I havn't seen the second one.

Full Metal Panic I havn't seen yet.

An anime I am desperatly trying to get through is Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu. I don't know when it came out but it is the funniest damn anime ever and while tons of people have it, nobody EVER has a transfer slot for it.

Mahoromatic's premise... ya I'm not watching 26 eps of that.

Scryed I recently finished. It was good but lacked the ladies.

Shaman King is the only one you mentioned Dementia that I had never heard of. When did it come out?

The Strawberry Egg thing I am downloading right now at a wicked speed. I will prolly watch it tonight.

Ehh I saw Shaman King from Episode 1...then had to wait for 2 and 3 to be subbed so I got in on it right when it came out. Well Tony donwloaded them for me ANyways so that's been a while. I'm on Ep 26 or 29 or something...twenty something. I really enjoy. Veryy Funny.

Well I just checked up on Onegai teacher and I'll be checking some of those out to see if it's as good as the reviewers says it is. And I'll also be checking out that Jungle one...other folks are saying it's great.

I thought Scryed was awesome!! But they SCREWED the ending WTFreak. So that was kinda dissapointing.

I felt that Hack Sign was going no where myself and was going to stop watching but...a love thing popped up in the last 2 or 3 episodes that seems cool. So I want to know if that goes anywhwere...yeah I'm on 11 of that.

As far as IRC or whatever...we have like I think...a terabyte of anime. So like Tony never turns that on cause so many people try and like hacking the computers and stuff immediately and then they just get mad on it. Requests and so on. So Tony like has been of IRC forever.

Anyways that's just my7 cents I could be wrong.
    d7anime

a terabyte is nice. It's better than alot of otakus downloading pool. I use a program called Direct Connect that has I think 1.9 Petabytes of anime DVD rips and yummie yummie co-co berries. It's a cool place. I am a mod in one of the hubs, Anime Pixle, which is run by a fansubing group. If you ever saw Hellsing eps 10 - 13, that was us.
    You can get direct connect off of download.com, and it's in my opinion much better than IRC. Of coarse any and everything is better than spyware not so yummy co-co berries like Kazaa.
    *shudders*

[Edited by I just need a name damnit on 07-24-2002 at 05:00 PM]

FK's resident Kungfu Master
    err... guys... it's forbidden here to talk about warez and stuff... if u wanna keep this thread open i suggest u delete any reference about them...

I'm not talking about Warez....just fansubbed anime Anyone hear any news on a Candidate for a goddess next series? Like what happened...I believe it stopped at 11. Also like are there no more VandreaD...I think that stopped on Stage 2 and like...well it wasn't really going anywhere anyways so...I guess that was it.

d7legal

I'm not talking about Warez
    Nope, but Ij was.

Fansubbed anime is not illegal, and most of the fansubbers will stop distributing their work as soon as a series is released for distribution by a major publisher.

Am I Ij?
    I just like the co-co berries.

Other good animes are Adventures of Minigodesses and Digi Charet. Watching them both En Mas will mess you up good.

Chobits and Ai Yori Aoshi got licensed recently I believe

hope your gonna buy those all those series once they're licensed... otherwise its just jacking the price up for us...
    unless the series sucks, then just delete it!

tokyo underground was also good, only saw a few eps

for any of you guys who haven't seen the site yet http://www.production-ig.com/. I don't think it's showing yet though.

Wow that looks amazing. Loads of competition for Prodigal Child. Really raises the bar and all that. Very very nice. Thanks.

d7awe