A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: another inko.

imagination through stupidity
    dan ..
    to fix it just set if (hour == 0) { hour = 12;
    }

It loaded for ever it is not showing up in a pc

Is this your trademark design? It looks like a lot of other stuff I see around these days. You might want to change it a bit. Sorry..

I've learned to cool down, I have a lot of better things to do than argue with people. And no, I'm not making this my trademark style, its just what I feel would work best. I'm not trying to go for anything flashy like my previous inkos (meaning the purple one), I want functionality and just for people to see the information, I don't want to wow them with some site that will take forever to load or is hard to navigate. I'm keeping things as simple as possible while maintaining some sort of artistic flair to it. I've got the basic framework laid out, but I'll probably make changes to it as time progresses - everyone who is familiar with how I work knows I'm never really satisfied with what I do, its more or less I feel its gotten to a point where it will "have to do". I feel that inko needs a facelift, and although to the viewers it may not look like a step forwards or possibly even a step backwards, but trust me, I know what I am doing.

UNified

Dan

Site looks nice..look forward to the finished product.
    Stick with your "style" ...Its a nice relief amongst all the bloat and wizzbangery that getting around these days.

Cheers
    jofta

somebody shoot 808i

I love this style of site... looks so so clean! I would imagine it would make a potential client think 'professionl'.

Originally posted by Gloomycus
    I've learned to cool down, I have a lot of better things to do than argue with people. And no, I'm not making this my trademark style, its just what I feel would work best. I'm not trying to go for anything flashy like my previous inkos (meaning the purple one), I want functionality and just for people to see the information, I don't want to wow them with some site that will take forever to load or is hard to navigate. I'm keeping things as simple as possible while maintaining some sort of artistic flair to it. I've got the basic framework laid out, but I'll probably make changes to it as time progresses - everyone who is familiar with how I work knows I'm never really satisfied with what I do, its more or less I feel its gotten to a point where it will "have to do". I feel that inko needs a facelift, and although to the viewers it may not look like a step forwards or possibly even a step backwards, but trust me, I know what I am doing.
    ??whatever gloomy...basically your stuff is not as original as you think.

UNified

808i

I dont know where your coming from, Its a sight check not a "degrees of originality" contest.

If you think "originality" is more important than usability, you just keep right on with building big flashy sites with with tiny little buttons and feel original.

Its what the whole damm thing is all about, that you feel good about it yourself.

The bonus comes when others sometimes help the process with CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.

jofta

I have a lot of better things to do than argue with people.
    not that my opinion is important, but what was the intention of your post, gloomycus?

first, you obviously don't like and don't want negative comments on your design and creativity.
    Second, there's not enough content for a usability check.
    third, you can't say thanks to people trying to help you make your site work.

your design is clean and simple, but pretty lame.
    why you use flash for something like this? it can be done with html only.
    not that i am an animation freak, i also prefer minimal design, but a single wipe transition doesn't justify the use of flash.

ciao

Mostly harmless
    I agree heartily with Mr Juggernart, surely posting your site on a forum called 'Site Check' then getting all beefed when people criticise your design seems completely self-defeating.

Personally, I quite like your site - what's there to be seen. Though again, you need to ruminate on the comment: 'why you use flash for something like this'...

But hey, relax, you're young, good ideas and cool designs, I believe, come from experience. Give it time, keep plugging away, you'll get there...
    [Edited by Parsonsgfys on 07-25-2002 at 03:36 PM]

Re: 808i

Originally posted by jofta
    I dont know where your coming from, Its a sight check not a "degrees of originality" contest.

If you think "originality" is more important than usability, you just keep right on with building big flashy sites with with tiny little buttons and feel original.

Its what the whole damm thing is all about, that you feel good about it yourself.

The bonus comes when others sometimes help the process with CONSTRUCTIVE feedback.

jofta

Hey Jofta:

This is my opinion on inko's style. You being the moderator should probably know that inko never has a usefull comment to these up and coming web designers. One of his main gripe is "originality." I don't ever recall seeing you posting something like this regarding inko's million "non-original" replies. Look, this is my reply to inko's post, i really didn't want to start a thread war. If he doesn't like it then too bad. I have no beef with you jofta and I hope you know where I'm coming from.

Ok now I'm getting sick and tired of this. I've explained why chosen actions, but some just can't seem to get it in their heads. The use of flash doesn't always have to be big crazy animations. I am becoming more of a programmer and thats what my flash work is going towards. As jofta said, big and flashy may look nice, but aren't always the most feasible method of presentation. I could really care less about whether the style is popular now or not, thats not why I've ask for feedback. And now that there is hostility, not creative feedback, coming my way, I will be just as hostile.

I think glo needs a client....

Originally posted by SLeD
    I just need work period. I can't get a part time job anywhere in this god forsaken city.

Originally posted by SLeD
    I just need work period. I can't get a part time job anywhere in this god forsaken city.
    lol, me too! -- i just picked up another client.. buts its like been 5 months.. argh!!!

Ok now I'm getting sick and tired of this. I've explained why chosen actions, but some just can't seem to get it in their heads. The use of flash doesn't always have to be big crazy animations. I am becoming more of a programmer and thats what my flash work is going towards. As jofta said, big and flashy may look nice, but aren't always the most feasible method of presentation. I could really care less about whether the style is popular now or not, thats not why I've ask for feedback. And now that there is hostility, not creative feedback, coming my way, I will be just as hostile.
    right on!

hrm, I might be able to hook you up with a co-job-client-thing glo ;]

Have to wait till september tho.

I is r gooded at stuff
    Originally posted by me2222
    I have a lot of better things to do than argue with people.
    not that my opinion is important, but what was the intention of your post, gloomycus?

first, you obviously don't like and don't want negative comments on your design and creativity.
    Second, there's not enough content for a usability check.
    third, you can't say thanks to people trying to help you make your site work.

your design is clean and simple, but pretty lame.
    why you use flash for something like this? it can be done with html only.
    not that i am an animation freak, i also prefer minimal design, but a single wipe transition doesn't justify the use of flash.

ciao
    exactly why are you using flash with such a simple layout. why wouldnt you just use html so people still in the stone age don't have to dl a plugin.
    sure flash is simpler and less code all you have to do is pick a picture and slap it in there but if you are planning on being a web designer you surely need to learn html, php (besides a guestbook), asp, xml, or something that shows you can do actually do something that requires some sort of knowledge instead of what every kid can do with flash and 2 weeks of playing

UNified

Hey Pegleg & 808i

sort of knowledge instead of what every kid can do with flash and 2 weeks of playing
    Thats a bit rich coming from you as I seem to recall...!!!

808i

I'm not posting in site check forums as a Moderator. It aint my patch of turf. Just another observer of sites.
    Ive followed Dans work and Ive noted his "moods" on the boards however I do like his approach to small clean sites that work.
    They are not spectacular, who says they have to be.
    I just dont think that "LESS" is always in fact less.
    The only problem with this site check is that its too content shy or early and that has not helped.

jofta